Thread: Summer transfer thread

[QUOTE=justincredible;2642394]Kostas skillz, via Scout Nation....

Boyhood red as well. You couldn’t make this shit up

If he can put crosses in like that for us, our front three will have so many opportunities to squander.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

[QUOTE=southernboy;2642397]
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Kostas skillz, via Scout Nation....

Boyhood red as well. You couldn’t make this shit up

If he can put crosses in like that for us, our front three will have so many opportunities to squander.
    Fuck sake can we sell him already?

It'll be even more annoying

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I've no clue who is better but it's clear FSG are really tightening the purse strings
    We have a £310m payroll as of 2019 and our players get incentive bonuses for winning things, which is something they have been doing a lot of, we've developed a state-of-the-art facility at Kirkby, have developed one of our stands and will be developing another and have paid something like £75m in agent fees in the last two seasons to help keep our best players here so we don't have repeats of Alonso/Torres/Suarez situations.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We have a £310m payroll as of 2019 and our players get incentive bonuses for winning things, which is something they have been doing a lot of, we've developed a state-of-the-art facility at Kirkby, have developed one of our stands and will be developing another and have paid something like £75m in agent fees in the last two seasons to help keep our best players here so we don't have repeats of Alonso/Torres/Suarez situations.
    Paying a lot of money in wages is the usual requirement for any club wishing to be consistently successful, as has been shown by the direct correlation between a club's wage bill and how successful they are. We are the 4th most valuable brand in world football, and at least the fifth richest.

In terms of the stands and our training ground, they are not sunk costs. They have/will increase the value and revenue of our club, something that will greatly benefit our owners as and when they decide to sell up. They have also used loans (via FSG subsidiaries - posing questions about who exactly is benefiting from the interest payments) to pay for those things. They have not financed these things from their own pockets, nor have they done these things out of the goodness of their hearts.

Tsimakis will wear the 21 shirt. Not 6.

Thiago confirmed!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Who was ahead of Salah that summer? Cant remember who we were linked with.
    Julian Brandt FWIR

Good call. Think you might be right.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Who was ahead of Salah that summer? Cant remember who we were linked with.
    I can't remember. I seem to recall he was actually third choice behind two bigger names. He was a bit of a surprise choice after his failed stint at Chelsea..
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Gotze.
    Think he was the choice ahead of Mane.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Think he was the choice ahead of Mane.
    Yes, I was just coming back to edit on my phone (not long awake!) and because I am used to the PC version of the site I think I may have accidentally deleted the post - don't think I'll ever be fully comfortable with Smartphones, ha!