Thread: Summer transfer thread

I certainly have a lot more faith in what we we're doing now in terms of transfers than at any point in the last 30 years!

The issue will be when Klopp leaves. No good finding potentional diamonds if we dont have a chief turd polisher.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think you got that from a post where I had asked Noods about what it would take for him to come around on FSG, in reference to him highlighting that FSG hadn't spend "from their own pockets" and I laid out some stuff as to why I felt that didn't matter
    Id suggest you have other posts in recent months regarding finances, which would make the quetion a fair one, maybe opening up the topic. Youre not alone on here with the lidlpool view in terms of finances.
    Heres my take..
    Our net spend under Klopp is low.
    Our profits seem rather healthy. With it stated the owners wont take money out of the club.
    The clubs valuation has grown steadily and cant be ignored. They bought at a good time with tv increments due and developed the brand really well.
    We are in a good position to overtake Barca as the number1 Nike club in the coming years. The post-messi issue, we have klopp and a better run club versus a significant wealth gap to narrow.

1) where is the money/profit going in your opinion ?
    2) why are people so averse to another summer of ambition with further rewards to be gotten ?

Just to address this, I was really disappointed we didn't progress past Atletico. There is no desire to "spin it as a positive" - there is a positive to be found in the context of our 20/21 season in that we will have had a better pre-season than City and will avoid fixture congestion, certainly. But that doesn't make me happy that we went out whatsoever - it was very bad in the context of our 19/20 season.

Hope that clarifies a little. Statistically we were all over Atletico and the eye test would say the same, but a lack of clinical finishing in the first leg cost us and/or a couple of Adrian errors within a 26-minute window in the second leg through the misfortune of Alisson being unavailable. I genuinely don't think anything in the transfer market would have addressed this - we just didn't do enough in "moments" of both ties, which happens in Football.
    It is an advantage of sorts, im not sure i share your appraisal of the advantage.
    I'll take it whilst we must take it, but i dont see it as being as noteworthy as you seemed to frame it. Similarly i dont see city being burdened all that much given their squad depth and further expected additions.

If you attribute our cl exit to a lack of clinical finishing, perhaps adding more clinical firepower would have been a good fix.
    Alisson being injured isnt something you can contend with, adrian did well for the most part as back up bar that night. But extra time as you say too shouldnt have occured.
    Imo Bobby and Mo have slight downtrending on goals and assists. Weve also seen what competition can do for existing players in hendo and gini by strengthening our depth of quality.

Aaah, sorry CC, I guess I didn't understand the flow of conversation between you two as well as I thought.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Noods was saying the club haven't dug into their pockets, not me. I can see that the club have spent generated income rather than "their own" money and I am fine with it.

If Brewster comes good and saves us millions on a transfer, anti-FSG folks will say "bah, bloody FSG, not spending again" rather than giving credit that money wasn't spent and we allowed a player to develop - they can't win!
    Im suggesting the club hasnt even spent its generated income and has posted a fair few significant profits with my own expectation/guess for the season just closed.
    So to noods as well, why are we talking about digging into their own pockets at all ? Just give Jurgen the clubs cash to invest in the lifeblood of any club, players.

If brewster comes good, great. If we bought another top attacker and had our current front 3 and a new attacker (Say Mkopface) with brewster (godmode)
    Whose gonna complain ?
    We'd merely have 2 top younger forwards on the books and reap the rewards.

Im not anti-fsg, posted a glowing thread about them before we won trophies and summer 2018.

I am rather against the narrative of poor little lidlpool when we are pl, sc, wcc and cl winners with a new nike game changing deal commencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Aaah, sorry CC, I guess I didn't understand the flow of conversation between you two as well as I thought.
    No need, Bali its text and hard to get people.

Im posting about a few things for discussion.

Not sure ive gotten sid right either.

Where's the Jack Wolfskin money, FSG !!

How reliable is Christian Falk?

Liverpool band Thiago are allegedly all agreed in terms of, well, terms etc - just need to sort the fine print with Bayern.

Allegedly, etc etc

How reliable is Christian Falk?
    Not terribly iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Where's the Jack Wolfskin money, FSG !!
    Haha, didnt even realise we still had a deal with them. You can bet your life Werner,JW and his sexpot missus will have been getting some new outdoor jackets every year for when they holiday in the Hamptons and the weather takes a bad turn.
    It's all wrong mate.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha, didnt even realise we still had a deal with them. You can bet your life Werner,JW and his sexpot missus will have been getting some new outdoor jackets every year for when they holiday in the Hamptons and the weather takes a bad turn.
    It's all wrong mate.
    The amount of sponsorship deals we've done over the last year with "official partners" , the Nike deal and up to £175 million from winning the league . It amazes me how there's talk we've no money to spend.
    If we've no money then 99% of football clubs are to put it politey, "fucked"!!