Page 15 of 659 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Have you seen this shit with barca?

Barcelona have announced the emergency signing of former Middlesbrough forward Martin Braithwaite until June 2024.

basically relegates Leganes....

What a joke

Why do they have special permission outside the fucking window for a STRIKER? goalkeeper ok, but A STRIKER!??!

Because they're special. They've come to embody most of what's wrong with football. I really really despise them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Barcelona have announced the emergency signing of former Middlesbrough forward Martin Braithwaite until June 2024.

What a joke

Why do they have special permission outside the fucking window for a STRIKER? goalkeeper ok, but A STRIKER!??!
    Leganes have requested the same permission as they have lost their striker but have been turned down by La Liga, what a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Leganes have requested the same permission as they have lost their striker but have been turned down by La Liga, what a fucking joke.
    Ooof course they have. Fucking shut the fucking club down. They're a disgrace to the sport. I hope they never win a game again. They're shittier than usual as it is. And when Messi retires, they'll be in far bigger trouble than Real were post Ronaldo.

Fucking clowns.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

What a joke

In La Liga if an outfield player is out for 5 months or more you can request to sign one emergency signing outside the window.

It isnt right but its not like they would get anyone top class.

I assume Leganes didnt have to offload the player but maybe the finances were a driving factor.

They are still a good side but they are on the slide, Messi wont be their much longer and they have wasted hundreds of millions too.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    In La Liga if an outfield player is out for 5 months or more you can request to sign one emergency signing outside the window.

It isnt right but its not like they would get anyone top class.

I assume Leganes didnt have to offload the player but maybe the finances were a driving factor.

They are still a good side but they are on the slide, Messi wont be their much longer and they have wasted hundreds of millions too.
    If they are the rules, it seems all Barca are doing is playing by them.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Aye, iirc they can only sign players from spanish clubs under the ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I know I know. It just infuriates me.

@CC - yes, i think that's right. The fee is also capped at like 12m.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    All players in Spain have a release clause in their contract, so Barca triggered this. I think they just looked down the scoring charts at who had a reasonable release clause and went for them. Barca have been in turmoil for years behind the scenes, there recruitment has been poor for a while now.

Hopefully we keep hold of Adrian.or we will need a quality back up. The idea of karius returning and Alisson being out injured. Is the stuff of nightmares
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century