Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Shame NOT.. horrible club
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Joe hart has basically retired, gone to spurs, at 33 it makes no sense you'd thought you want to play? same as karius.

Guess he'll be happy doing fuck all and picking up a wage, basically over for him.
    The 30s can be the golden years for a goalkeeper - don't know where it went wrong for him.
    Didn't like those shampoo adds - Head'n'Shoulders. Concentrate on your football - it pays enough.
    Not sure if it is true but did David James have modelling contracts whilst at LFC?
    He seemed to lack concentration whilst playing for us including when we should have won the league (circa 1997?) and all the major gaffs he made at the end of that season ? In a good team goalies need maximum concentration at all times - perhaps with outside interests and standing on the edge of your penalty area most of the game the brain wanders to the next commercial assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Good.

Well ok, that's harsh - it's due to a pandemic, not insane overspending.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Surely we must be in for another centre back now that Lovren has gone (he scored the other day for Zenit St Petersburg and in fact I think won a trophy with them in his first game, so well in Degsy).
    We were linked with Diego Carlos (last seen putting Man Utd in their place). I think he is great, but the link rumour with him seems to have gone cold.
    Wouldn't mind that Upamecano. How much would he cost,? he was fantastic the other night too.

Can't see us replacing Lovren, who everyone saw as 4th choice with anyone of note.......especially on the shoestring we're seemingly operating on.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Can't see us replacing Lovren, who everyone saw as 4th choice with anyone of note.......especially on the shoestring we're seemingly operating on.
    Jurgen will get replacement if necessary. I trust him

Maybe phillips will be his 4th choice, or like I said fabinho slotting in.

Hopefully 2 cb's don't pick up injury's at the same time.

Neco Williams signed up on a 5 year deal...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53813823
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Good.

Well ok, that's harsh - it's due to a pandemic, not insane overspending.
    Well, the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Their insane overspending in years past could easily have left them in a situation in which they are now much harder hit by the effects of the pandemic (than other clubs who are also suffering to a lesser degree) and in a worse situation to weather it.

Unlike the City's and the PSG's and the Chelsea's of the world, they don't have Oil Sheikh Moneybags Sugar Daddy owners to bail them out.

Which is why I always mention to people complaining about our lack of transfer activity this window to look at it with a bit of a sense of perspective.
    LFC is still a relatively well-run club by FSG and for the most part of their reign we've lived within our means.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Now that we've signed Tsimikas it looks like Adam Lewis is off to Amiens on loan although some say loan to buy.