Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The way the Thiago rumours just won’t go away and the fact Gini hasn’t signed a new contract must surely be linked.
    If Gini wants a new challenge who can blame him, he can only improve that current Barca midfield and with his compatriot managing the team, I can see why.
    Well now the €100 million Coutinho agreement is done with they might well come in for him.

They certainly need him but it depends if Messi like him

Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and Palace all interested in signing Brewster on loan apparently.

He'd get game time at Brighton and they play decent enough Football - in terms of option for his development that might not be a bad one.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Thiago is nailed on I think. The fact it's not been "quashed" by the club or anyone close to it says something. I think after the CL final he'll confirm it.
    I'll personally be gutted to see Wijnaldum go if that's what happens. Hes been a tremendous signing and having both of them would be fantastic but we would obviously see someone being ousted from a regular start if Thiago comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and Palace all interested in signing Brewster on loan apparently.

He'd get game time at Brighton and they play decent enough Football - in terms of option for his development that might not be a bad one.
    Don't you think we could use him???

He'll probably score more than origi...

Gini wont go this summer as Barca not be able to afford him as it stands.

He may go next season but at the minute Barca look a complete mess and lets face it not as good as us or they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Don't you think we could use him???

He'll probably score more than origi...
    I do think we could, but the injury record of our front three is really good. I'd rather he get 19-25 starts with a Premier League side than 5-10 substitute appearances for us. Raises his confidence / develops his ability more.

I'd have him above Origi in the "pecking order" in theory in terms of rotation / back-up as he is a more natural fit for sure, but a full season of development might mean he can come in and genuinely compete for a place as opposed to still feeling on the fringes.

Cant understand why Wijnaldum doesnt want to stay.Hes wealthy enough.. Surely winning stuff would be the pinnacle? and i'm sure hes happy at the club. Just sign a 1 year extension and take it from there.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Barcelona as much isn't in the best shape.
    To play for them is still a dream to have.

Plus the city and life style is very nice indeed.
    Ramblas Gaudi Segreda Familia; culture, weather.
    I love Barcelona; I have been x6 for a mini holiday.
    So from that point you can see the attraction.

Back in the day I remember people posting their theories a out Suarez coming back....Id be up for listening now..........He wouldn't be happy getting less game time but he would certainly understand.....And if he had to play he would certainly be effective...

I can't see Suarez even being considered given his history never mind his age.