Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I can't see Suarez even being considered given his history never mind his age.
    How old is he now? I think he would be perfect in the role.....Would he cost much? Wages and his Mrs might ve an issue....But I would swap him with Origi any day of the week.....one thing is sure.....he wouldnt be here to pick up his pension he would push the first team to their limits....I know its not going to happen....just wondered what people think.....I know he was a little shithouse when he played against us but personally i would have been disappointed in him if he had been a n y different..

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I can't see Suarez even being considered given his history never mind his age.
    I wish those ''my dream is to play for Barca'' ended now and here.

I have a feeling Suarez will go back to Ajax

Suarez is 34 in January.
    I've no doubt he'd give his all, he may even fit in to the squad harmony but he'd be too much of a PR risk in these racially sensitive times. The media would love it though.

He ain't going anywhere by the sounds of things. The likes of him and Busquets are going to sit on their contracts.
    Barca are paying 70 percent of their outgoings on player salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He ain't going anywhere by the sounds of things. The likes of him and Busquets are going to sit on their contracts.
    Barca are paying 70 percent of their outgoings on player salaries.
    Think Suarez is only contracted to the end of 20/21 which isn't terrible for them (although no money recouped from a transfer fee) given that he is 33, whereas Busquets is 32 and contracted to the end of 22/23 which isn't terribly helpful.

Poor mites.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Suarez is a cunt of the highest order. He'd no problem celebrating when he scored against us at the Camp Nau.
    Never mind how he wanted out, biting and throwing about racist slang words.
    Brilliant footballer though.

More chance of signing Neymar..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Cant understand why Wijnaldum doesnt want to stay.Hes wealthy enough.. Surely winning stuff would be the pinnacle? and i'm sure hes happy at the club. Just sign a 1 year extension and take it from there.
    Money, they never have enough of it no matter how much they've banked.

The club are probably offering him a shorter contract than what he wants, same situation as Willian.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

It might just be that the sheer success he has had at Liverpool works against him staying. He has won literally everything with us. Maybe he needs a new challenge to get motivated.