Thread: Summer transfer thread

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving. He's done well for us and will be remembered fondly, but if he wants to rebuild Barca with a manager he knows and loves, fair play.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Totally agree Bali

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Suarez is a cunt of the highest order. He'd no problem celebrating when he scored against us at the Camp Nau.
    Never mind how he wanted out, biting and throwing about racist slang words.
    Brilliant footballer though.
    Exactly, I wouldn’t want the cunt back. Hell, he even tired to engineer a move to Arsenal.

Fuck him

According to the Anfield Wrap there is a problem with the numbers. So if i understand correctly..our squad should have 8 home growns and 17 non home growns. We currently have those 17 and we can't really bring in Thiago (for example) until we have got rid of one of the others (like Grujic or Karius for example). If we bring in Thiago now, we won't be able to sell Grujic for anything because the buying club will just say, well you can't play him anyway, so we'll just give you peanuts. Something like that.
    Melissa Reddy reckons we definitely do want Thiago.

I can see the sticking point in any deal for Thiago being the fact that we can agree to sign him for free on Jan 1st. Bayetn want 30m, not a prayer they're getting that on a player with less than a year on his contract. I'd guess if we offer low 20s it might be enough.
    We certainly wont pay what they want so theres the potential that Bayern will get nothing unless they lower the price as nobody is giving them the asking price.

Guardian reporting that Mourinho wants Brewster on loan at spurs!

Wow. That'd be interesting. He wouldn't play, but it would be interesting - getting the chance to learn from Harry Kane and get tactical training from Mourinho who enjoys having a striker as the focal point of the team would certainly be interesting.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Wow. That'd be interesting. He wouldn't play, but it would be interesting - getting the chance to learn from Harry Kane and get tactical training from Mourinho who enjoys having a striker as the focal point of the team would certainly be interesting.
    Yeah would be great giving them more depth and 0 play time instead of giving us more depth and having a bit of play game at least.

Brilliant, do it.

He's got the players around him & klopp to learn here

I'd rather we sold origi

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Guardian reporting that Mourinho wants Brewster on loan at spurs!
    Smashing. Maureen can teach him how to play as a defensive full-back in a 6-3-1 formation.

If he goes out on loan I hope it's Brighton. Spurs would be an awful pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Smashing. Maureen can teach him how to play as a defensive full-back in a 6-3-1 formation.

If he goes out on loan I hope it's Brighton. Spurs would be an awful pick.
    There is zero chance he goes to Spurs we just won’t let that happen.

Kane and Son would be in front of him so he has as much chance here.

If he goes anywhere it will be somewhere like Brighton, Villa or Leeds where he has more chance of playing.