Page 162 of 659 FirstFirst ... 62112152155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Also Barca are apparently looking for a buyer for Samuel Umtiti. If he's cheap, or they just buy out his contract and he becomes a free agent, should we maybe take a look?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Apparently we do not match city, Chelsea & United spending power. We r superb under klopp but life after klopp would be back to normal (unless u can find a klopp no 2) if we still can't complete with them financially. Sadly speaking, it's all about money, FFF basically death.
    As Balinkay points out, the more success we have under Klopp, the more of a financial edge we can create for ourselves over others. We'll always have a couple of teams that can outspend us, but most teams in World Football are outspent by about 99% of other teams, so we can count ourselves lucky on that score.

The other thing to bear in mind is how we are being run in terms of having the same footballing philosophy through our entire club structure. FSG will seek to find someone who can pick up where Klopp left off. We tend to recruit players from clubs that have a similar play-style to ourselves (the Red Bull clubs for example) and it would come as no surprise if we recruited a Manager from one of those sides once Klopp leaves if we don't have enough Faith in Pep Lijnders.

No club is on top forever but by the time Klopp is going FSG will have had 14 years of experience with us and generally speaking things have gotten better as they have went along.

Are Chelsea protected from a 2nd ffp punishment or have their accountants costed everything in so they come in below the threshold? I would have thought given the drop in matchday revenue, possible tv revenue drop etc that for that for this transfer window and prob the next 2 that clubs would have to write off previous plans in terms of uncoming players. Are they gambling on getting a certain amount of funds from sales? If so, i hope they fall short. It would be nice if uefa gave certain clubs a reminder of their spend given that chelsea could be bringing in 4 or 5 expensive players when even city have only really spent the Sane money so far.

Chelsea are definitely gambling, but they also get money in each year due to how they exploited the loan market (there are alleged to be rule changes in the coming years in this area) whereby they would hoover up a whole load of Youth talent, loan them all out and then when the players had done well, sell them - you sell ten £10m players and you have £100m in your coffers - it's a bit crass, but they have had success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Also Barca are apparently looking for a buyer for Samuel Umtiti. If he's cheap, or they just buy out his contract and he becomes a free agent, should we maybe take a look?
    I'm not a fan of his. He's short, rash and always injured

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Are Chelsea protected from a 2nd ffp punishment or have their accountants costed everything in so they come in below the threshold? I would have thought given the drop in matchday revenue, possible tv revenue drop etc that for that for this transfer window and prob the next 2 that clubs would have to write off previous plans in terms of uncoming players. Are they gambling on getting a certain amount of funds from sales? If so, i hope they fall short. It would be nice if uefa gave certain clubs a reminder of their spend given that chelsea could be bringing in 4 or 5 expensive players when even city have only really spent the Sane money so far.
    I think they're books will be balanced by the Morata and Hazard sales. They'd have been on quite high wages too.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I'm not a fan of his. He's short, rash and always injured
    Can't say I've seen much of him, but if you're right, we're better off passing. Especially if he's injury prone.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chelsea are definitely gambling, but they also get money in each year due to how they exploited the loan market (there are alleged to be rule changes in the coming years in this area) whereby they would hoover up a whole load of Youth talent, loan them all out and then when the players had done well, sell them - you sell ten £10m players and you have £100m in your coffers - it's a bit crass, but they have had success with it.
    If that were the case they wouldn't have got into ffp trouble in the first place.

They've sold a couple of big players, couldn't buy anyone for a couple of windows and are now making some big transfers on big wages. Even then, the Hazard and Morata fees will fall well short of what they're spending now, especially if they go for a keeper too.

They are gambling and they won't be the only ones, but some will think the risk/reward is worth it.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Anyone else have a funny feeling another club is going to come in for thiago if this goes on longer??

Normally this amount of press etc means we won't sign him..... hopefully wrong.

From what I've seen lately, they're saying we can't afford 25m due to him being out of contract next year and 29.....

Bit fucking silly if he's as good as he's made out to be pretty sure we can make more than 25m from player sales too (very fringe players like wilson) so wouldn't make us worse.

Another werner, all talk no action.

Was hoping we were just doing the decent thing and letting Thiago finish his season.

We could have got Ox on a free transfer the following season but spunked £40m then didn't really play him till the Spring. Perhaps we'll do the same with Thiago

Think it's just a matter of announcing the deal, probably been agreed for a while...................................erm, just like Werner.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."