Page 171 of 659 FirstFirst ... 71121161164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Messi may be the GOAT in his position and i have loved watching him over the yrs but imo his prime is passed, still fantastic in spain but will he cope with the intensity of the premier league week on week with a lot of younger less talented players looking to leave their mark on him. He has only ever played english sides in the CL and they tend to be full of technical players. The likes of Burnleys midfield and CB's wont hesitate to leave a foot or elbow in and the climate i would say wont help with the possibility of injury either. Dont throw the towel in if he turns up at city or chelsea as his presence, financial demands etc may just upset the current balance. How sweet would it be to retain the league and win another cl if he was at city, crying in the rain as we put them to the sword again

If City get him they get him nothing anyone can do about it.

I think they will win the league anyway felt it for a while and Covid has given them a huge advantage as they will spend whatever it takes.

They are reporting it will wages wise cost around £300m for 3 years how are they going to explain that after the court case they have been in ?

People starving around the world etc and then you have Graham Hunter saying "Its not about money" well maybe not but he will want to be "looked after".

Hahahaha it’s not about money hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hahahaha it’s not about money hahahahaha
    Its briliant isnt it ...

I mean if that was the case he could say I will take £100k a week.

Some of these media lot must think people are stupid !

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fellas - If City get Messi - he will add at least an extra 30 goals to their haul - minimum.. They score plenty as it is...

Don’t judge the guy on a single game or a CL season with an ailing team. He is still IMO the best in the game and one of the best ever players - he is Still at his best level - it’s his team that has dipped not him.

The thought of Messi at City is pretty scary - at least to me. Imagine we had him? How many more goals do you think we would have to play with...?

Defending our title with him in that squad would be like holding a Tiger by the tail.
    Exactly. They would be a different entity. We really want to be praying this doesnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @justme, I'm sure there will be some quality added. If it isn't then it's a case of FSG resting on laurels. Surely they realise it would be a mistake in doing so. Time will tell but I genuinely think we'll bring in atleast 1 or 2 good quality additions.
    Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but didn't we say the same last summer?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but didn't we say the same last summer?
    Definitely maybe.

FSG resting on their laurels.
    BTW, when does the transfer window close?

Just seen, on BBC sport, that Gareth Barry has retired.
    We just missed out on him, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    FSG resting on their laurels.
    BTW, when does the transfer window close?
    Boah, think it was way late this year. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Just seen, on BBC sport, that Gareth Barry has retired.
    We just missed out on him, didn't we?
    We did back in 2009/10 I think. Rafa really wanted him and was supposedly ready to sell Xabi to get Gareth in.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non