Page 175 of 659 FirstFirst ... 75125165168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Steveo,

If you are looking at last 30 years (and not counting 1990 league win) then we have 12 trophies out of a possible 120.
    I am including only league, FA cup, league cup and european cup compeitions (not super cups etc.)
    That is 1 in 10.
    Also losing finalists in 5/6 cup finals
    Close challengers for league 4 times
    Much better than 1 in 26 however you care to look at it!
    So let us agree on 1 in 10.
    Now is that fairer than fair?
    But IF you are going to be genuinely scientific - you would have noticed that this is purely league titles being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yes, yes, yes.

Would automatically make us "under-dogs" for the League and we have had plenty of joyous successes when deemed not to be the better side.

This isn’t rocket science...

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Messi does end up at City it will free up funds for Wijnaldum for them..I don't get why we cant come to some agreement though.
    Is it a good move for Gini though ?

Take a look at Barcelona squad yes they have good players but take Messi away and they are NOT winning anything of note with that squad.

IF I was in Gini shoes the club i’d consider IF he left is Bayern and it’s something i’ve been thinking they are a good side play a brand he’d suit and win titles.

Of course I hope Gini stays and I think he will this season anyway if he was going he’d be gone now and with Klopp in charge it doesn’t seem like any of our players really want to leave and even ones that have left have bigged Klopp up like Lovren/Lallana.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Is it a good move for Gini though ?

Take a look at Barcelona squad yes they have good players but take Messi away and they are NOT winning anything of note with that squad.

IF I was in Gini shoes the club i’d consider IF he left is Bayern and it’s something i’ve been thinking they are a good side play a brand he’d suit and win titles.

Of course I hope Gini stays and I think he will this season anyway if he was going he’d be gone now and with Klopp in charge it doesn’t seem like any of our players really want to leave and even ones that have left have bigged Klopp up like Lovren/Lallana.
    No its not a good move for him..Its vital he does stay..You cant afford to lose your best players.
    If he goes to Bayern in a kind of swap deal for Thiago i wouldnt be happy either..Thiago looks quality but you dont really know how a player will perform in a league they'd never played in before.. Where as we know what we will get from Gini
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No its not a good move for him..Its vital he does stay..You cant afford to lose your best players.
    If he goes to Bayern in a kind of swap deal for Thiago i wouldnt be happy either..Thiago looks quality but you dont really know how a player will perform in a league they'd never played in before.. Where as we know what we will get from Gini
    I agree I don’t want Gini to go and if we sign Thiago he needs to be added to the squad.

Ox will play wide and we can use Fabinho at CB if need be so I don’t buy we will have too many midfielders although in saying that I don’t think we will sign Thiago.

We may even be able to sell a few fringe players yet who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But IF you are going to be genuinely scientific - you would have noticed that this is purely league titles being discussed.

This isn’t rocket science...
    I meant in general terms to be fair, though that wasn't well communicated in my part.

You sure done showed me, hyu-hyuk.

Barcelona wants Wijnaldum, heard also Mane or Virgil van Dijk.

Do u think the Barcelona today able to attract our star players? We are league champion and last season C.L holder, plus Klopp, who doesn't want to play under Klopp. Wijn might want a new experience, but there is no way Mane or VVD will like to be there now.
    What is Barcelona now?

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Barcelona wants Wijnaldum, heard also Mane or Virgil van Dijk.

Do u think the Barcelona today able to attract our star players?
    You would imagine not.

They have an allure in terms of history and money so will always be able to attract players, but I would be astonished if they could grab Van Dijk right now.

There’s more chance of me going to Barcelona than Virgil right now.

Virgil is more a Blackpool Big Dipper man than a Gaudí Catheral one.

If Messi ends up at City and Wij goes to Barca then we should go all out for Bernado Silva. He'd be perfect for us. Runs like a mad dog with a silky touch and an eye for goal.