Page 179 of 659 FirstFirst ... 79129169172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Messi may be the GOAT in his position and i have loved watching him over the yrs but imo his prime is passed, still fantastic in spain but will he cope with the intensity of the premier league week on week with a lot of younger less talented players looking to leave their mark on him. He has only ever played english sides in the CL and they tend to be full of technical players. The likes of Burnleys midfield and CB's wont hesitate to leave a foot or elbow in and the climate i would say wont help with the possibility of injury either. Dont throw the towel in if he turns up at city or chelsea as his presence, financial demands etc may just upset the current balance. How sweet would it be to retain the league and win another cl if he was at city, crying in the rain as we put them to the sword again
    In many stats last season 1st in everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Steveo,

If you are looking at last 30 years (and not counting 1990 league win) then we have 12 trophies out of a possible 120.
    I am including only league, FA cup, league cup and european cup compeitions (not super cups etc.)
    That is 1 in 10.
    Also losing finalists in 5/6 cup finals
    Close challengers for league 4 times
    Much better than 1 in 26 however you care to look at it!
    So let us agree on 1 in 10.
    Now is that fairer than fair?
    What about
    Arse
    Mu
    Man c
    Chelsea
    During that time

Spurs Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Barcelona wants Wijnaldum, heard also Mane or Virgil van Dijk.

Do u think the Barcelona today able to attract our star players? We are league champion and last season C.L holder, plus Klopp, who doesn't want to play under Klopp. Wijn might want a new experience, but there is no way Mane or VVD will like to be there now.
    What is Barcelona now?
    Broke

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean you can take a look at the breakdown here Taksin, think the numbers are coherent.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/11

If you mean that it doesn't add up that their squad doesn't look hugely menacing, that's a different discussion.
    Xhaka £40m
    Mustafi £40m

Gnarby sold for £4m

Good business lol
    In Wenger we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But IF you are going to be genuinely scientific - you would have noticed that this is purely league titles being discussed.

This isn’t rocket science...
    And perhaps likewise you would have noticed from another post I have said that I am not a scientist or scientific - it is merely a name

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And perhaps likewise you would have noticed from another post I have said that I am not a scientist or scientific - it is merely a name
    Are you an artist ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Are you an artist ?
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Broke
    Soon to be a little richer when they sell off a certain little striker they have (even at cut-rate price).

There's no way they're letting him sit out an entire season and let his contract run out so he can leave for absolutely nothing on a free next summer.
    He also seems determined to never play for them again, so logic suggests that they will come to some agreement to let him go at some point (most likely to Citeh to reunite with Pep) and at least recoup something from this entire sordid mess they find themselves in.

I think it only affects us insofar as how much we can get for Gini if he decides he wants to go there to play for Koeman and we decide to sell him before his contract runs out.
    Letting the world's best player leave your team for nothing would be professional malfeasance of an almost criminal level.
    Selling him for even half his release clause value (350 Million) would be more than enough to buy an entire new squad from scratch and they already have enough pieces left over for Koeman to work with even if they let the likes of Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal et al go.

Koeman will want to replace some or all of those players as soon as possible and that's where we could get involved if they come knocking at our door with a (hopefully big)bag of cash for Gini ( I strongly believe they know better than to inquire about Van Dijk or Mane)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    What about
    Arse
    Mu
    Man c
    Chelsea
    During that time

Spurs Haha
    I will try to answer that - give me a few days - my computer is very slow at the mo