Page 180 of 659 FirstFirst ... 80130170173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Well at least we now know why he sometimes seem selfish or reluctant to pass the ball......

"....Forbes wrote that Salah signed a five-year deal with Liverpool in July 2018 which is heavily incentivized for his performance."

Those rankings seem to include not just their salaries but also their product/brand endorsement earnings, if I understand it correctly.
    (which explains why Roger Federer tops the list despite not having won any major in Tennis in a while now).

It would seem to place Salah in a awkward situation given he's the face of the Adidas marketing brand, while the club just signed the kit deal with their major rivals in Nike.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Would be lovely if someone came in for Luis Alberto, given that we negotiated a 30% sell-on when we sold him.

Speaking of transfer business, expecting clubs to try and grab bargains towards the end of the window - don't think we're going to see bids in the next fortnight for players we had (probably) ear-marked for sales - Grujic, Shaqiri, Wilson for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would be lovely if someone came in for Luis Alberto, given that we negotiated a 30% sell-on when we sold him.

Speaking of transfer business, expecting clubs to try and grab bargains towards the end of the window - don't think we're going to see bids in the next fortnight for players we had (probably) ear-marked for sales - Grujic, Shaqiri, Wilson for example.
    Unexpected injuries picked up during a (stupidly scheduled) International break can tend to change a club's thinking on this sort of thing.

In this regard, I suppose we're not exempt.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

This sort of behaviour alongside City’s profligate spending makes a total mockery of the game.

Chelsea have agreed to sign Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 21, for an initial club-record fee of £72m, which will take their summer transfer spending past £200m

Pre-season will be short and international football will disrupt the start of the campaign.

Whilst the quality Chelsea already have (combined with what is coming in) makes them look a shoe-in for Top Four, things can go wrong quite easily in terms of integration of a few players at once and they still have problems when it comes to their keeper and defence.

Their rolling of the Golden Dice will probably pay off but the fall-out if it doesn't could certainly provide a few laughs.

Most managers got sack after heavy spending, can see it's coming to Chelsea or man city

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    This sort of behaviour alongside City’s profligate spending makes a total mockery of the game.

Chelsea have agreed to sign Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 21, for an initial club-record fee of £72m, which will take their summer transfer spending past £200m
    That Torres at Man-city will actually cost 37 million with add ons and not the 20 million they claim he costs
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

How true is the rumours FFP has been disbanded for the season? If so i expect Man-city to spend money like its going out of fashion.
    After they got away with it not long since.. You cant make it up. No wonder they are called Manchester cheaty..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    How true is the rumours FFP has been disbanded for the season? If so i expect Man-city to spend money like its going out of fashion.
    After they got away with it not long since.. You cant make it up. No wonder they are called Manchester cheaty..
    "The current rules, intended to encourage clubs to live within the money they make and not pay excessive wages to players, limit clubs’ maximum losses to €30m over a three-year period, as long as €25m of that loss is covered by an owner. The new measures state that the current 2020 financial year will not be assessed at all under FFP procedures, and will instead be rolled up into 2021, and the two years assessed together"

So we're probably going to see some teams spending now with a view to trying to compensate by making a few sales later (summer window just prior to 21/22 for example) whilst other clubs may seek to break even or even make a slight net profit with a view to possibly spending slightly more money later when the financial landscape is a little more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Has it got that bad? Maybe we can tweet John W to get checking down the back of the sofa too.