Page 185 of 659 FirstFirst ... 85135175178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Haha.. I was thinking Cristiano but the original will do - more meat on his legs too..
    I'm out, I don't eat meat

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes that is a reasonable point - but it also must be said it seems to affect one side of L4 more than the other ( and that's just within Liverpool - other clubs are strengthening across the league ) ...no..?
    Maybe they're banking that this summer they'll get it right on the pitch and that will offset the losses because of the pandemic and we're taking a more cautious approach?

Could also be that we're just biding our time - bound to be other clubs beside Valencia desperate to sell decent players for cheap.

Could even be that Klopp thinks we're fine.

... but it could also be that the owners are more than a bit skint.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Bitters are signing James Rodriguez, bet he turns out like all their other big name signings, decent at first but soon disappears...
    Top Red, cheerleader and fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Bitters are signing James Rodriguez, bet he turns out like all their other big name signings, decent at first but soon disappears...
    Indeed. Waste of money that if it goes through. Clubs (semi-speculating) seem to be spending big this Summer in the hope of guaranteeing Top Four to offset losses further down the line. Whereas we have had 97 and 99-point seasons and don't feel a need to invest to stay in the upper part of the League.

Speaking purely "financial security" there, I am not by any means suggesting that we as fans should be happy with, say, 4th and no trophies in 20/21, we're far too good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I dunno - he won't be playing for whoever managed them before - he'll be playing for Carlo Anche-fucking-lotti. He might know how to get the best of him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I'd still love how it's possible everton spend more than us on a regular basis.

We're the bigger club no?

We have to sell to buy ffs, it's like going back in time

we can't even get thiago for the same price they got allan
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd September 2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'd still love how it's possible everton spend more than us on a regular basis.

We're the bigger club no?

We have to sell to buy ffs, it's like going back in time

we can't even go thiago for the same price they got allan
    Where's all the spending got them ?. Not even close to a European place. They should improve this season now they have finally got a decent manager.
    Last edited by skyebo; 2nd September 2020 at 06:02 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Where's all the spending got them ?. Not even close to a European place.
    that's not my point and I do know that.

that's not my point and I do know that.
    Other clubs are spending big because they know they need to as they were so far behind us last season.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

we can't even get thiago for the same price they got allan
    I don't think it's about can, it's about want. We clearly don't value him that highly at present. We've spent big in the past and have overspent even under Edwards, if the target was extremely valuable to us for some reason - Oxo being a prime example.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non