Page 187 of 659 FirstFirst ... 87137177180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Everton have agreed a deal with Watford for midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure that could be worth up to £25m.

Negotiations between Everton and Watford reached a successful conclusion on Wednesday afternoon.

The 27-year-old Frenchman will have a medical before signing a four-year contract with the Toffees.

Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti is also closing in on moves for Real Madrid's James Rodriguez and Lazio's Brazil international Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    One of the best midfielders out there isn't worth 30m?

I think it's a bit clear we're missing some quality in midfield

let's go backwards instead
    We might feel he is worth the money but not worth having at that price until another deal is negotiated.

Wijnaldum for example. The club won't see monetary value in an outlay on Thiago and then having the wages of Thiago AND Wijnaldum on the books for a year simultaneously when we already have Milner, Henderson, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, Jones, Grujic who can play centrally - 9 players for 6 positions won't be how they want to approach things - it's wasteful.

Can foresee Wijnaldum staying and Thiago not arriving, or Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago arriving, or perhaps even Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago not arriving which would be a tad disappointing - but I just don't foresee Wijnaldum and Thiago BOTH being Liverpool players.

Suspect once we move Wijnaldum on (IF we do) then Thiago or an alternative comes in.

We may also gamble on trying to see if he would stay at Bayern until we can get him "for free" in January but I think that is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Everton have agreed a deal with Watford for midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure that could be worth up to £25m.

Negotiations between Everton and Watford reached a successful conclusion on Wednesday afternoon.

The 27-year-old Frenchman will have a medical before signing a four-year contract with the Toffees.

Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti is also closing in on moves for Real Madrid's James Rodriguez and Lazio's Brazil international Allan.
    Exactly what I mean what's that now 75m+??

That's what I don't understand seem to be splashing out every transfer window it seems!! never mind a coronavirus window!!

I know it won't help them but I wish we had the money like they seem to do (this actually goes for half the clubs that fucking spend more than us) to get some quality depth in a few positions at least.

Little investment will mean we'll end up going backwards, i'm a bit worried the season is only nine days away and we've just got a LB..

While our best players get a year older, need a player or 2 to keep it "fresh"

And I get that sid, all good having quanity, but where's that star midfielder?, some of them are average that you've just listed, I can't see milner/grujic staying for much longer, as pro as milner is we shouldn't really have to count on him as mr.reliable anymore, due to his age and apparently he's on 140k a week?? or is that bullshit I read, but that's apparently same as hendo too.. hmm..

Also some are injury prone..

I hope grujic stays and does well, but seems like a lot of risks are being taken again, if we had some injury's in certain areas more last season we would of been in a bit of trouble,but we was rather lucky.

If we had evertons money and got Thiago and Werner we would be complete (maybe a CB but that could be funded through sales of Grujic wilson origi etc )

When you're on top, you can't be complacent i'm telling you now if it we carry on how we are, we're going to go backwards.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd September 2020 at 02:39 AM.

“Can foresee Wijnaldum staying and Thiago not arriving, or Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago arriving, or perhaps even Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago not arriving which would be a tad disappointing - but I just don't foresee Wijnaldum and Thiago BOTH being Liverpool players.“

Basically Sid anything could happen...

No - basically we know what will happen - but - it might not happen like that.. it might happen like something else

Where’s Vicky Pollard when you need her/him?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Can foresee Wijnaldum staying and Thiago not arriving, or Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago arriving, or perhaps even Wijnaldum leaving and Thiago not arriving which would be a tad disappointing - but I just don't foresee Wijnaldum and Thiago BOTH being Liverpool players.“

Basically Sid anything could happen...
    Up to a point - I would be really surprised if we were to go up (numerically) in numbers in terms of the midfield, so again, having both Wijnaldum and Thiago simultaneously seems unlikely - though there are a few variations of what will happen in the Wijnaldum/Thiago area as I pointed out.

There will also be things like the Home-grown quota to consider I'm sure.

Guesswork leads me to think Wijnaldum goes, Grujic goes for slightly less than the £20m we want and Thiago comes in, with us breaking even or making a very small Net profit from such deals.

Don't foresee us buying m/any players when it comes to Depth - Modus Operandi very much seems to be to reserve spending (where possible) for the first-team and to promote Youth for back-up positions. Youth can later become good enough to play for us, or sold to reinvest in the Squad - we've bought a few Academy-age players this Summer.

In terms of age profile for the Midfield we have Fabinho, Keita and Ox lined up as the "next" core of our Midfield. I doubt all three will work out in the long-run in terms of injuries (Ox I think will eventually be replaced) but all three are good players. Milner will need replacing at some stage as a midfield member and Henderson is 30 now too so his position will be assessed in the next 2-4 seasons as well. Perhaps we have high hopes for Curtis Jones for one of these slots and an acquisition of someone else in time.

Due to our Midfield numbers I still think there is the possibility of a calculated gamble at centre-back, ie promotion of a Youth player and/or dropping Fabinho deeper.

Anyone know anything about Dario Sarmiento?

City want him, another one of these "next Messi" kids God help him - plays at Estudiantes and I think Mascherano might still be there (someone who could actually give a more sound opinion than most as to his qualities) and given the Pep/Masch link you would imagine he may indeed be a genuinely decent player, even if he doesn't turn out a prodigy.

We too have a Masch link so might be worth a sneaky investigation if we haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    This sudden interest in Sarr and Daka makes me worry that they think Sadio is off to Barca.
    Can't imagine they have the money. They had to swap Artur for Pjanic just to make the proverbial FFP ends meet.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    One of the best midfielders out there isn't worth 30m?
    Apparently not to us. If he were that much of a priority, we'd probably be ready to pay the necessary money, like we've done time and time again in the past when we really wanted a player.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Apparently not to us. If he were that much of a priority, we'd probably be ready to pay the necessary money, like we've done time and time again in the past when we really wanted a player.

Possibly ONLY with VVD and Alisson - so the "time and time again" is JUST about true but the inference is that we do it regularly which is beyond wide of the mark.

It must also be stressed that in both "time and time again"s we needed to offload one of our best assets to do so