Page 193 of 659 FirstFirst ... 93143183186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Klopp rarely buys top players if at all. They need to be of a certain type. Perhaps lacking in top skills but necessary to be natural athletes and able to run all day. They must compensate for that lack of top skills with massive contribution to a super team effort week in week out.
    This is definitely true to at least some extent.

Though I do kind of see miller's point - from a business perspective it makes sense to sell when the club is at its most valuable. And not spend a lot just before that...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So basically the club by not investing in the squad is now worth a huge fortune which will leave FSG incredibly wealthy when they sell but will likely leave the new owners absolutely potless to invest in the team.

Excellent
    While the current team burn out with no fresh players coming in.

Fantastic

Maybe in a few years we'll outspend big club mighty neverton again on players

Maybe we need to win the league/champions league again.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd September 2020 at 08:04 PM.

Klopp rarely buys top players if at all. They need to be of a certain type. Perhaps lacking in top skills but necessary to be natural athletes and able to run all day. They must compensate for that lack of top skills with massive contribution to a super team effort week in week out.
    I dont think top players isnt what fans are asking for really. Weve rarely done that in our history.
    Its adding quality on a regular basis to keep to the standard that has been attained.
    It doesnt take much to see that the front 3 despite how brilliant they are need someone pushing them for competition, the midfield has needed some quality adding for some time. Quality in the form of a different option to what we have.

I trust the club more than any time in my lifetime to buy the right players...when they actually buy But we can’t just continue robbing Peter to pay Paul (selling to buy) and expect to maintain the level of the squad never mind improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I trust the club more than any time in my lifetime to buy the right players...when they actually buy But we can’t just continue robbing Peter to pay Paul (selling to buy) and expect to maintain the level of the squad never mind improve it.
    That is our owners modus operandi. Anyone expecting them to start splashing the cash is going to be severely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That is our owners modus operandi. Anyone expecting them to start splashing the cash is going to be severely disappointed.
    It may also be Klopp's modus operandi

I think I remember reading somewhere, and before Klopp joined us, that the team got burned out with the sheer effort required to maintain that level of performance.
    That really is a worry and the couple of other replies are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That really is a worry and the couple of other replies are similar.
    It may explain why people want to leave sometimes.
    'Tired of all this running, think I might go somewhere else and take it easy whilst showing off my ball skills and maybe get a pay rise and maybe also win some trophies albeit in a different league...'
    I am not worried.
    I think Jurgen knows the score and knows the necessary replacements.
    Needs a certain type.
    Is Thiago that type?
    Maybe his youngsters will come good.
    Jones, Elliott, Brewster, Billy the Kid! Full of beans and no lack of skill!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wonder if we can afford him?

Would he take a "play to get paid" deal?
    A bit young at 9 but he might be worth a punt...

He would happily forgo any win bonus too IF it meant we could afford some more quality..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb9NTCXrwwY

Interesting take on the LFC revenue. Its basically what most think. Man-city and Chelsea are being bankrolled by billionaires.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century