Page 197 of 659 FirstFirst ... 97147187190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    We already have continual improvement. So it’s an urge for the kind of improvement we perceive is needed over what the manager decides is needed. But the anger is directed at the owners.

Again it’s the same question - is Klopp supported or not?

The point about Pepé, Steveo, is that he was a player the fans were calling to spend £70 million on - true or false? The fans decided he was needed. Who’s the better judge?

Ooh the poor owners -ooh the concern you and Sid and Bali have for their poor little billionaire hides.. Diddums - don't rock the apple cart - we have never won a title before or a European cup under any other group

Nobody outside of Jurgen Klopp knows how well he has been backed, so guessing is all we can do and I do not for one second believe he has the funds he would like..Not a slight on the owners if they genuinely cannot afford to fund what he believes is needed. But this is just my view

I do remember the clamour for Pepe - yes and at this point in time it looks to have been the right decision - but we don't know for sure. He might have come here and smashed in 30 OR Salah might been on fire and outscored his record season..On the flip side it might have disrupted the galvanising effect of letting the same squad go and get that title they so richly deserved in 2018/19. We simply do not know. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th September 2020 at 12:46 PM.

@Kev Ah, I see, good point. But surely it's not binary?

One part is getting to the top, the other is staying there. I'd suggest they've proven their strategy was capable of completing the first one.

Now comes the hard part - I'm as worried as you are tbh. We shouldn't just rest on our laurels.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And they make top 4 without Fernandes? And he wouldn't make us stronger..? Come on man.
    Speculation there, which you didn't want me doing over Fekir.

Fernandes does look to have improved them. Do I think their spending of £200m to go from 66 points to 66 points shows huge progress? No I don't. It was fortunate for them that 66 points was enough for Top Four this time around. I think we scraped 4th with 75 points in 17/18. I also would want to judge Fernandes (and the other business) over a longer period that wasn't interrupted by a Pandemic to be fair.

82 points would have won us the League in 19/20 where 97 didn't in 18/19. Had we won the League with 82 points that's a 15-point regression, yet we "progress" from 2nd to 1st. Football throws these things up.

Ooh the poor owners -ooh the concern you and Sid and Bali have for their poor little billionaire hides.. Diddums - don't rock the apple cart - we have never won a title before or a European cup under any other group
    You always do this. As if it’s a tough guy who has a go at the owners. Oooh, you’re so tough.

Maybe it’s idiotic instead of tough to claim we are going backwards at the moment and worth calling out.

I don’t think it’s idiotic by the way. Just incorrect.

I am tough

No seriously Taksin - just wondering why some of you worry so much about their feelings?

I am really just questioning the belief that we don’t need to try and add to the squad... It would be a very different tactic to that which made us The most successful club in the land.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th September 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, this season will prove if FSG was right not to invest much at all last few seasons
    We shall see.

Have a bad feeling but that's just me we'll probably win everything
    I don’t think we will find this out. The season has been wrecked by the ban on fans. We will suffer more than anyone for this change. It’s not going to be real football. It will be hard to judge what is happening with the various football teams.

Get the excuses in early fellas.. Joke

But this is convenient for those advocating a sit tight philosophy

Looks like El Pistolero is off to Turin..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54024393

Get the excuses in early fellas.. Joke

But this is convenient for those advocating a sit tight philosophy
    So it is an excuse but not excuse at the same time. Classic Steveo argumentation.

It’s my belief we are not watching real football at the moment. It’s also my belief that LFC over performs because we have the greatest stadium and fans. I can back those opinions up if you like but not really interested in that debate now. I’ll stick with my prediction that the season without fans will be distorted. I can’t even be bothered to watch football to be honest so that tells you something, and I’ve spoke to others saying the same.

I beg your pardon....? My argumentation is world class I will have you know..

And it is fair to say that the game is distorted without fans - no argumentation needed - but we do still have to keep going.