Page 2 of 659 FirstFirst 1234567891252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Having read my last two posts again I've completely convinced myself MBappe/Werner Soumare Fabian Ruiz job done, we can bring in Harvertz and a CB in summer 21 Get those 3 in during the summer and we're set in most positions for a long time, we'll evolve everything we're doing to even higher levels, have even more different ways to win games and different ways of being able to play and absolutely BUM everyone for at least the next 10 years
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We will need another centre back when Lovren goes, You never quite know with Matip, his injury record aint great. Don't want to be left with just two fit senior centre backs for a long period.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

There are also rumours we may active Lallanas 1 year extension and then sell him.It makes sense if true.Since there are several clubs interested in him.May make few million. all the better to add to the kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We will need another centre back when Lovren goes, You never quite know with Matip, his injury record aint great. Don't want to be left with just two fit senior centre backs for a long period.
    I think so too, I think especially given his closeness with Mo that Lovren will be allowed to see out his contract which expires next summer and we'll sign one then as I don't think any of our 'potentials' will be near ready by then.

Lots of silly talk about Bobby and our forwards, we are looking to add another top class forward to contribute immediately and for the long term future and we're going to be missing Mane and Mo for up top 8 games next season because of fucking shitty money grabbing AFCON again, who I really wish would respect the league's that help make their players top world stars that help their competition bring in the money it does and at least move the competition to being every 4 years as Copa America is set to be, rather than trying to line their pockets and fucking those clubs over in the process.

Look what happened to us with Keita, they played him when he was injured, his other muscles tried to compensate for the damaged ones, put everything out of balance and we've missed him for several games for half our season with niggling injuries that are a direct result of them playing him when injured, AFCON can fuck off. I am a big fan of Chukwueze, but no way I'd sign him when we already have Mo, Mane and Keita.

There is no way on God's earth we're looking to sell any of our front at all and we do not need to in order to fund a move for the other forward AND for continuity we'd want the new forward to come in and learn and develop playing for us in different combinations with all 3 AND having spent fuck all on signings last summer and likely to recoup 70m plus from the sales of Grujic, Wilson and Shaq we don't need to sell any of our first team players to sign players FFS

Re AFCON I'd get a group of top European clubs together and just tell the fuckers, you hold it in our season, move it to being every four years or we'll stop signing and developing the best talent from your region and your game and competition will go to absolute shit and no-one will be fucking interested in your shitty competition then - I'm fucking raging that on top of everything else the Egyptian coach wants to take Mo to the fucking Olympics too, it's an absolute fucking liberty, no other fucking nation takes top top players of Mo's profile and age to the Olympics, because they have some respect and know it's an absolute fucking piss take

I agree some shit about Salah leaving is laughable. why the hell would we want to get rid of a player with a scoring ratio like his?
    Mentioning Lovren, its up to him if he wants to stay. But hes the wrong side of 30 now and he probably wants to be guaranteed to be first choice and that's unlikely.

Hopefully Salah gets a rest in the summer, I love the idea of Mane and Salah.Starting the new season with a rest behind them. They will be firing in August. Fuck you badly, get ready to hand in your P45.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I agree some shit about Salah leaving is laughable. why the hell would we want to get rid of a player with a scoring ratio like his?
    Mentioning Lovren, its up to him if he wants to stay. But hes the wrong side of 30 now and he probably wants to be guaranteed to be first choice and that's unlikely.
    He's overpaid for his position as fourth choice centre back and will likely be looking at a 40% pay cut if he moves, I think he'll be very happy to see out the last year of his contract and hope to pick up some more winners medals, I don't think he'll be going anywhere in the summer, Jurgen likes continuity and likes to carefully manage the balance of player relationships and the dressing room whenever he makes signings, I wouldn't be surprised if we do bring in MBappe/Werner Soumare and Ruiz and desperately hope we do and with Lallana and Shaq of the current active squad leaving and I think that will be the maximum disruption in that respect Jurgen will want

I think we're at a point now where we can mostly go with a one-out, one-in approach to signings, which is a very healthy state to be in. The only area I would maybe look at bringing someone in without them actually replacing someone is at left-back; get someone in who could definitely step in for Robbo if / when needs be, and maybe send Larouci and / or Lewis out on loan to get a season of 'proper' football under their belts and see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    I think we're at a point now where we can mostly go with a one-out, one-in approach to signings, which is a very healthy state to be in. The only area I would maybe look at bringing someone in without them actually replacing someone is at left-back; get someone in who could definitely step in for Robbo if / when needs be, and maybe send Larouci and / or Lewis out on loan to get a season of 'proper' football under their belts and see how they do.
    I don't think we're quite there yet, we've needed an additional top class forward for 2 seasons now, the drop off has been too great, Bobby picked up an injury last season from playing every game, Mane's picked up one this season, the amount of games players play in internationals mean they don't get any rest, we can't carry on as we are, we absolutely have to add that additional top class forward this summer, one in one out, Sturridge left, we never replaced him

We've got Lallana and Shaq leaving in the summer, two out, two in and midfield wise Milner turns 35 next year and Gini and Hendo 31. We need to be building for our long term future and sustainability and making sure all the elements are there for continued success and continuation of the incredible dressing room and mentality and we need the midfielders in to develop that same mentality and learn it from our existing players now and need to look to get players in who offer the attributes that make everything work and ones who can see us raise our levels even further and give us even more different ways to win games and play differently against different opposition.

Players with Hendo's attributes and the potential to be as good or better with more experience over time working with him and learning from him and our other midfielders, just as Lucas learned from Alonso and Mascherano and Hendo learned a lot from Lucas, and players that fit that criteria are incredibly rare indeed, Soumare is one of them

Long term planning and continuity is absolutely essential for sustained success, poor long term planning or the absence of it, or being too tight with the purse strings trying to rake in as much profit as possible instead of investing in the squad for the success to continue and revenue streams to grow even more are elements that can end a team's dominance or cut short the period of dominance they could sustain
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th February 2020 at 09:59 AM.