Page 200 of 659 FirstFirst ... 100150190193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't like sand.

It's coarse....and irritating.....and it gets everywhere.

Not like here. Here everything is soft...and smooth....
    I take it that you don't use IZAL at home Sid?
    Or perhaps strictly just the smooth side if needs must?

Wow, some rumour flying about Hazard might have cost closer to 160m than 100m.

No idea how credible it is, but it would put a dent int the "Roman is back in town" narrative. Think he's kind of lost the interest he had initially.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

No idea how credible it is, but it would put a dent int the "Roman is back in town" narrative. Think he's kind of lost the interest he had initially.
    Probably small change to him

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

The Chelsea format of buying loads of promising young players devolp them from 17/18 send them out on loan ,let then loan club pay the wages then sell them on for profit seems to be a very worrying as it seems to work as a way to make profit.
    Very good for any other business other than football. It just not right.

Yes, ian, but I think UEFA have taken notice and were planning some sort of rule change. Might even have come through, don't really remember.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Chelsea format of buying loads of promising young players devolp them from 17/18 send them out on loan ,let then loan club pay the wages then sell them on for profit seems to be a very worrying as it seems to work as a way to make profit.
    Very good for any other business other than football. It just not right.
    All these signings must be a real piss off for the Chelsea youngsters that were coming through and some Man U youngsters too.
    Maybe Klopp sees something in our current young crop of first team possibles that means they deserve a chance of a first team future.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    All these signings must be a real piss off for the Chelsea youngsters that were coming through and some Man U youngsters too.
    Maybe Klopp sees something in our current young crop of first team possibles that means they deserve a chance of a first team future.
    Yes indeed. And within reason, I would be happy to get behind this. But they will need games. I was all for trusting the squad a bit more last season at times - have to give players a rest and bring others into the mix more often and not just when a player is injured.

As for Chelsea - they have bought some genuine quality - no doubt but is not going to be easy integrating that many new players from the off

This really. ^
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Yes Bali - within reason.. Not saying we chuck in all the youngsters but I don't think relying on the same few players to constantly perform is viable. Makes me nervous as they have been over used already

Either we go out and buy reinforcements OR promote from within - so far we haven't really seen either.. Nobody likes to see a player come through the ranks more than me but Klopp seems reluctant to give anyone a genuine prolonged go.. Ideal world would be a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes indeed. And within reason, I would be happy to get behind this. But they will need games. I was all for trusting the squad a bit more last season at times - have to give players a rest and bring others into the mix more often and not just when a player is injured.

As for Chelsea - they have bought some genuine quality - no doubt but is not going to be easy integrating that many new players from the off
    I would welcome more game time for our youngsters but of course we have to trust in our manager. Billy the Kid looks a great prospect but is only 17 - is he ready? Owen, Fowler, Redknapp, Gerard ? I trust Jurgen to make the right judgment with these boys. I think he is deliberating over this call at this moment. If he feels he needs to buy then he will but I do not think he likes to just for the sake of it. I think the current squad is still good enough to go again for next season with these boys pressing for game time.

As for Chelsea and ManU - difficult to assimilate many new players.
    Kenny tried this after end of season 2011 in which I saw some of the best football we had ever played- goals galore - like he had hit on a magic recipe - why do that?