Page 218 of 659 FirstFirst ... 118168208211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    He's a beast both in physical stature and in goal scoring prowess. And to think he only cost Dortmund €20 million
    Surprised city haven't gone for him

Aguero long term replacement? - Different style but still

UTD are pretty sorted in attack, scary with the money they have it's sorted for years, means they can spend money elsewhere like they have in midfield.

Just defense and goalie next for them (and to be fair that henderson is decent)

Like it or not other teams are looking good for future, while our best players are aging and we're bringing noone in.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th September 2020 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    "McPidgeonlips" Hehe

It is just pure logic - our star players are magic but they are surely not bionic men..? Would love to be wrong though..

More stupid rumours that Brewster could be sold for 20 million..Either hes gonna be a top star or not.. You really cant decide yet. hes not had chance to prove himself.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Rhian Brewster: Liverpool considering selling 20-year-old with buy-back clause

Liverpool are considering allowing Rhian Brewster to leave on a permanent deal in this transfer window, with the possible protection of a buy-back clause.

Fuck off

Prune prune prune the squad gentley down the streammmmmm didlly diddly didly doo VVD is playing as CF
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th September 2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Also the point that we've spent fuck all since Klopp joined is simply not true. Our net spend is very low, but our expenses have ballooned.

And "eventually" pay for itself... even by your logic that surely means we don't have the money from it right now, right? So we're still in the red from that expense. Simply hand-waving that away is not prudent.

E.g. you get a new car for 1000 pounds that uses 10 pounds worth of gas less than your current car each year. You sell the old car for 500. You're currently 500 pounds worse off, even if your car pays for itself in 50 years.
    Can you please explain how net spending £76 million over 5 years or £15 million a season has left the club with no disposable income ?

@SwissRamble said
    "However, here’s the thing. Much of the revenue growth has been eaten up by higher costs. In fact. Since 2015 #LFC wages have grown 87% (£144m), i.e. at a faster rate than revenue 79% (£235m), the highest in the Big 6, due to recruiting better players and higher bonus payments."

Id suggest the above paragraph is slightly less accurate/bad now than at that particular time.
    The actual growth, revenue minus wages, leaves the club with a greater sum of profit £91million.

How could the club invest more on signing players in the 5 years prior to Klopps arrival than after 5 years of success on the pitch ?
    I gather wages have risen with revenue but they are still under 60% of turnover and that is somewhat normal enough. Also our wages include all staff.

I will be interested to know who the club belongs too when the club itself as paid off the debt from the take over.. it seems to me that the owners have paid back the debts by the clubs income itself. I could be wrong on that but it seems like that to me.

The footballing juggernaut that is Aston Villa have just signed Brentford striker Ollie Watkins for a club record £28m that could rise to £33m.

One day lads. One day.

So any purchases and sales have to come from selling our assets. to get back money for other trasnfers. The owners are basically not putting any money in at all. So if Klopp wanted to buy an expensive player,He would personally put the club in debt..
    Would explain why the owners wanted to furlough the staff. they wanted a cheaper way and not coughing up money. I wonder how long this will continue for? looks like we will have to sell the likes of Mane and Salah to get money for other transfers.

I think money is available but possibly not much it is clear we are being very careful/tight depending on your view point.

I am looking at what most other big clubs are doing and it seems like they are taking the same approach.

What is weird is Newcastle/Villa/Leeds are spending big could pay off but could be a huge gamble if the season is cut short or they get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    More stupid rumours that Brewster could be sold for 20 million..Either hes gonna be a top star or not.. You really cant decide yet. hes not had chance to prove himself.
    Just said the same thing to a pal of mine.
    Sell to buy after the CL and prem in successive seasons.
    Fuck sake, imagine what next season will be like if we dont win anything this coming season.
    People can say we might pull something out of the bag that we've done on the quiet but everything at the moment points to the "skint" side of things. Actually, not skint. Just unwilling to spend what they know they should.