Page 223 of 659 FirstFirst ... 123173213216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Jurgen Klopp will hold a meeting with Gini Wijnaldum to discuss his future at the club amidst links to Barcelona. [@MelissaReddy_]

The ideal scenario would be to keep Wijnaldum, offload the excess players and then sign Thiago, although COVID-19 has made unloading the fringe players difficult. [@MelissaReddy_]
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Let's face it.
    Our American owners are business people. They don't love the club the way we do. It's a money-making machine for them. Attempting to furlough the staff showed clearly their attitude towards the club.
    Any joy or happiness they show when we win trophies, is because it increases our value and means more money for them.

@Balinkay

I have detailed (as much as I can without getting access to our books) as to why our finances will be much better than what is being reported. I could post figures plucked from numerous sources, but we would still have zero way of knowing how accurate they are. Using such figures/sources and despite 'books' being manipulated in the ways I specified, it has still been reported/released (including by the club) that we are making record revenues, and that was even before we signed the Nike, Cadburys (and various other) deals, AND before we won the PL. Again with that being the case, we are either at the very least making record revenues (if we believe all the figures released by FSG, as you are), or I am correct and we are making even more than that, which would make all this 'guff' that people like you are swallowing/spouting even more ludicrous.

Going by the above we are either in a very healthy position, or a fantastically healthy position.

Rather than keeping asking me for things I cannot possibly provide, If I was you I'd do a bit more research on things you are reporting as facts. The loans are not interest free. The loans are being provided by subsidiaries of FSG, and interest payments (which have increased from their original rate) are being paid, which makes me raise my eyebrows in regards to who exactly is benefiting from these payments. I did mention this before, but as with other things I've mentioned, it seems you just chose to ignore it.

I'll reply to the rest in the morning, as going by the first couple of bits that I've just mentioned/disproved (you can search for the 'proof' yourself) there will be a lot more for me to address in the same way and I'm currently in too much pain to post endless mini novels trying to 'educate' you.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Let's face it.
    Our American owners are business people. They don't love the club the way we do. It's a money-making machine for them. Attempting to furlough the staff showed clearly their attitude towards the club.
    Any joy or happiness they show when we win trophies, is because it increases our value and means more money for them.
    Business is going to have a, well, "business" element to it though, isn't it.

They've owned the Red Sox for something like 18 years now. Call it passion, call it reward-based Capitalisic thinking, call it self-massage of fragile male egos, whatever anyone fancies - for whatever reasons they do seem to get a kick out of having Sporting success. Of course money is a huge factor - they're business people, it would be a huge surprise if they weren't - but as much as they make mistakes, they take steps to rectify them too.

There's Arsenal laying off staff galore and making their players taking a 12.5% pay cut whilst seeking to make multi-million transfer purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz_86 View Post
    Don’t get why some fans on twitter etc are so horny for transfers . You can’t improve this first XI massively unless we spend £100m + which in this climate is bad business. I wish The window closed this week
    Alright there Gaz lad....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz_86 View Post
    Don’t get why some fans on twitter etc are so horny for transfers . You can’t improve this first XI massively unless we spend £100m + which in this climate is bad business. I wish The window closed this week
    Blast
    From
    The
    Past.

Coutinho staying at Barcelona supposedly.
    Koeman has asked him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Coutinho staying at Barcelona supposedly.
    Koeman has asked him to stay.
    I was just reading that if he clocks up more appearances for Barcelona then it'll trigger an add-on from his sale so we'll get a few more quid for the war chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Jurgen Klopp will hold a meeting with Gini Wijnaldum to discuss his future at the club amidst links to Barcelona. [@MelissaReddy_]

The ideal scenario would be to keep Wijnaldum, offload the excess players and then sign Thiago, although COVID-19 has made unloading the fringe players difficult. [@MelissaReddy_]
    Surely they've had long enough to talk about this before a week before the start?

These preparations just keep on getting better
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th September 2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I'll reply to the rest in the morning, as going by the first couple of bits that I've just mentioned/disproved (you can search for the 'proof' yourself) there will be a lot more for me to address in the same way and I'm currently in too much pain to post endless mini novels trying to 'educate' you.
    Honestly, Noods, it sounds like it might be best to just leave it and agree to disagree. I don't particularly find it fun anymore and by the sound of things neither do you.

No hard feelings?
    Last edited by Balinkay; 9th September 2020 at 02:46 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non