Page 227 of 659 FirstFirst ... 127177217220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha, what a goal. A pearler. Weve all knocked him but our squad is poorer if we don't replace him with someone decent.
    It's tricky though - Fabinho can will in there if needed and we don't want to block the path too much for Phillips, Van den Berg, Hoever and Koumetio.

Surely between those five options being assessed (likely a combo of Fabinho occasionally dropping back and one other I imagine) we would have enough cover for 20/21 and can revisit the issue in January or at the end of the season if there's an apparent problem?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

“Despite being the best club in the world we are skint and can’t afford to buy players like City, Chelsea, Man United and Everton do”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's tricky though - Fabinho can will in there if needed and we don't want to block the path too much for Phillips, Van den Berg, Hoever and Koumetio.

Surely between those five options being assessed (likely a combo of Fabinho occasionally dropping back and one other I imagine) we would have enough cover for 20/21 and can revisit the issue in January or at the end of the season if there's an apparent problem?
    With respect none of those 5 are an international who's played in a world cup final.
    Dont get me wrong most of us thought it was his time but to not replace him with either better or likewise is weakening the squad in ttd short term without question.
    If it was just to get his wages off the bill and 12m in the bank then it may end up more costly than that.

Imo its not about replacing lovren as he was never a leader anyhow. Matip,Gomez and Fabinho all as technically good or better anyway. The issue is a replacement for VVD should he miss key games as he is the rock in the back 4. We will most likely gamble that doesnt happen (and i dont think.he's missed many through injury or suspension) or if it does then its in home games against non top sides. Really hope brewster is in the squad, if anyone has to go let it be grujic or shaquiri.

Keep this huge transfer budget up we're going to be the next barca having to have a full on rebuild in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Imo its not about replacing lovren as he was never a leader anyhow. Matip,Gomez and Fabinho all as technically good or better anyway. The issue is a replacement for VVD should he miss key games as he is the rock in the back 4. We will most likely gamble that doesnt happen (and i dont think.he's missed many through injury or suspension) or if it does then its in home games against non top sides. Really hope brewster is in the squad, if anyone has to go let it be grujic or shaquiri.
    I hope and think Brewster will stay here unless we get a silly offer.

In his advantage is his age and he is homegrown which is a big factor in a decision we make.

It is why we went for Lewis to get our homegrown members up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Keep this huge transfer budget up we're going to be the next barca having to have a full on rebuild in a few years
    I disagree as Barca keep hold of ALL their players we wont do that we wil sell as history shows.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I disagree as Barca keep hold of ALL their players we wont do that we wil sell as history shows.
    if the clubs are getting hit as hard as us apparently by coronavirus (At this rate it'll effect this season and next seasons "budget" well for us)

who's going to be able to afford them? unless we sell em on the cheap?

Or let em go like Wij seems to be at the moment....

Hope not because that's the only way we get players in apparently, forever lacking in depth.

What annoys me is we're only 1-2 players off from being "complete" - and not needing to play players out of position- or not go to shit after a couple of injury's - not take risks- at least we're not 1 or 2 players away from winning the league anymore (Sorry Stevie) well that's all being well injury's depending, and form../players burning out

It's hilarious to think we may aswell have had chelseas ban in a way.... for them ahaha... I get what klopp says in that interview, but come on to spend as much as we have after winning the champions league and then league is madness, seeing the likes of that blue shite spending more and newcastle and villa... something isn't right somewhere.

Hopefully brewster kicks on and jones carry's on, at least that's 2 players for the future then.

Frankly if FSG can't support us while we're at the top for the next few years (hopefully) and not be able to stay there because of them, there's only one thing they should do, football changes QUICK it's important to stay on top-when you're on top and not have to wait 30 years again but sadly our owners don't care and don't get it as much as we do.

You'd of thought we'd get some proper decent youngsters in that could become good players at least, but we've not even done that, yes we've already got some but not exactly loaded with them

Pretty sure west ham have had a lot to pay for, still seem to be able to shell out, trying but failing to get James Tarkowski for 30m have we got the poorest owners in the league?

Wonder what the scouting team does for us? they must have a easy job, we only need a couple surely?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 10th September 2020 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if the clubs are getting hit as hard as us apparently by coronavirus (At this rate it'll effect this season and next seasons "budget" well for us)

who's going to be able to afford them? unless we sell em on the cheap?

Or let em go like Wij seems to be at the moment....

Hope not because that's the only way we get players in apparently, forever lacking in depth.

What annoys me is we're only 1-2 players off from being "complete" - and not needing to play players out of position- or not go to shit after a couple of injury's - not take risks- at least we're not 1 or 2 players away from winning the league anymore (Sorry Stevie) well that's all being well injury's depending, and form../players burning out

It's hilarious to think we may aswell have had chelseas ban in a way.... for them ahaha... I get what klopp says in that interview, but come on to spend as much as we have after winning the champions league and then league is madness, seeing the likes of that blue shite spending more and newcastle and villa... something isn't right somewhere.

Hopefully brewster kicks on and jones carry's on, at least that's 2 players for the future then.

Frankly if FSG can't support us while we're at the top for the next few years (hopefully) and not be able to stay there because of them, there's only one thing they should do, football changes QUICK it's important to stay on top-when you're on top and not have to wait 30 years again but sadly our owners don't care and don't get it as much as we do.

You'd of thought we'd get some proper decent youngsters in that could become good players at least, but we've not even done that, yes we've already got some but not exactly loaded with them
    Depends on what you term as sell cheap I would think we would be able to sell Salah/Mane at close to £100m next summer.

Our history under Klopp shows we tend to buy early in the window so going off that we won’t sign anyone else but this season is different so who knows we may sign one/two more players yet.

We obviously have money but with Covid I am backing the club here and I would be cautious as well like I am being with my own money too as nobody knows what is around the corner.

Forget Chelsea/City I want to see what Arsenal/Spurs/United/Madrid/Bayern spend once the window is shut then we can see what the other clubs are doing too.