Page 228 of 659 FirstFirst ... 128178218221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    With respect none of those 5 are an international who's played in a world cup final.
    That's fair.

It's also fair to say that if we had never had Lovren and had Youth options and a multi-talented player on the books, we probably wouldn't see bringing in a centre-back on his wages and age bracket to be 4th choice, which is what he had become, plus we have been able to provide quality in depth at left-back now and the young players have one less hurdle to helping out our future.

It's goals from midfield we need. If Mane and Salah suddenly dry up, we'll be in trouble. Not one of our midfielders get anywhere near double figures.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

To be fair apart from KDB no other midfielder in the PL gets into double figures..Well i cant think of any..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    To be fair apart from KDB no other midfielder in the PL gets into double figures..Well i cant think of any..
    I bet Fernandes at United came pretty close to it, and he only signed in january, even though he takes the penalties. Just checked his stats. 14 apps 8 goals 7 assists.
    Last edited by skyebo; 10th September 2020 at 04:30 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I bet Fernandes at United came pretty close to it, and he only signed in january, even though he takes the penalties.
    22 appearance in all comps, 12 goals.

Was able to find 7 goals that were penalties - could be more, could be that 7 is bang on.

So 5 non-penalty goals maximum. Not said to belittle him in any way, think he's a decent enough player, but he definitely rides the hype train a bit.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

He scored 8 in 14 matches, 4 pens, 1 free kick and 3 from open play

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    22 appearance in all comps, 12 goals.

Was able to find 7 goals that were penalties - could be more, could be that 7 is bang on.

So 5 non-penalty goals maximum. Not said to belittle him in any way, think he's a decent enough player, but he definitely rides the hype train a bit.
    He hasn't started banging in the 25 yarders with a bit of regularity yet. Ill bet he gets 15 goals and 10 assists at least this season injuries permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He hasn't started banging in the 25 yarders with a bit of regularity yet. Ill bet he gets 15 goals and 10 assists at least this season injuries permitting.
    I'm sure he will. People were raving about him until he chose to join United.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If they carry on getting penalties at the rate they did this season he is a shoe in for the golden boot !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    If they carry on getting penalties at the rate they did this season he is a shoe in for the golden boot !
    I think he looks a great player to be honest. But feck me it didn't take him long to start throwing himself to the floor at the slightest touch. Refs buying it too even with var