Page 23 of 659 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223242526272829303373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We won’t really know how good Salah is until he’s gone and we see how his replacement does, playing with the same players in the same system (or lack of it) with the same manager. Someone could come in and collate an even more impressive set of stats, or he could look like Stuart Downing who the fuck knows.

One thing is for sure, Salah has most definitely benefitted from playing in a World Class front three with the two best attacking full backs in World football. He’s good, he’s very very good .... some of the time but I don’t feel he is totally irreplaceable, not by our current recruitment set up which has been absolutely incredible since Klopp came in.
    I’ll wish Mo well if and when he goes, his stats (particularly in his first season) are incredible but I won’t be crying into my beer.

In his first season with us, arguably his best, I wouldn't have called Robbo or Trent world class back then. Once he settled in, his form exploded, scoring from everywhere and to be fair to him, it hasn't dropped that much in all his time here.

I'm like most who would probably say if one had to go Mo's name would be top of the list but I do think we'd miss him massively if he were to go say this summer. As good as our recruitment is now, I don't see anyone coming in and putting in the numbers he did in his first season or anywhere close.

I'd like at least one more season out of the 3 of them before we even contemplate breaking them up, because they are without doubt the best forward line in the world right now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

It goes to show the standard mo has set here that people think hes the most disposable of our front 3 now. I find it incredible to be honest though I know everyone has differing opinions but I think his movement and work rate and intelligence is the catalyst for so much of what we do. It's a pity he isn't more clinical alright but if we lose him I think genuinely we lose one of the worlds best players.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Is there a dislike of Salah in some quarters? I know Carragher was saying Salah was under appreciated. I know his body language doesn't appear to be the best. but I think that's because hes quite reserved in how he is as a person. Doesn't mean he doesn't care.. I still remember when he won man of the match and he gave his man of the match gift to Milner for his 600th appearance.
    Some fans may want him to show more emotion. But as long as hes doing his job that's fine.
    Not by the fans they love him you can tell this by singing his name at games.

I rate him highly his stats over 3 years are incredible he is well ahead of anyone in EPL for what the data people call influential goals eg winning goals.
    First goal of game he has 24 of them out of 68 goals incredible really.

Will he go I dont know he might do but I think Coutinho may have opened their eyes more.

Madrid are a mess after 60 mins against City they had the stamina of a bloke finishing his 8th pint of Peroni....yes they are a glamour club but they look awful without CR7.

Barca arent great but are in same boat when Messi goes they like Madrid have a squad that is way past its peak.

Werner will be here soon to help the workload.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Is there a dislike of Salah in some quarters? I know Carragher was saying Salah was under appreciated. I know his body language doesn't appear to be the best. but I think that's because hes quite reserved in how he is as a person. Doesn't mean he doesn't care.. I still remember when he won man of the match and he gave his man of the match gift to Milner for his 600th appearance.
    Some fans may want him to show more emotion. But as long as hes doing his job that's fine.
    I love Mo and hope he stays until he cant play at the same level he is doing anymore but I do think teams are more wise to how he plays and probably spend a lot of their game time prep working out how to stop him. It might be the reason why Mane has been hitting top form since Mo's first season. Not to say that Mane isn't world class, he clearly is but I think he might get the same treatment as Mo get's after this season (then it might be Mo's turn to shine again ).
    Last edited by Aldo1988; 28th February 2020 at 02:44 PM.

Precisely - Mané and Bobby benefitting from close and concerted marking of Salah - if teams try to do the same on Mané next term then Salah and Bobby profit - you can’t do it to all 3 for 90 minutes - this is the power of the 3.

Don’t want to see it broken up at all - would love it to be added to - another fab 4 maybe... but honestly would be absolutely gutted to see Mo leave - or any of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely - Mané and Bobby benefitting from close and concerted marking of Salah - if teams try to do the same on Mané next term then Salah and Bobby profit - you can’t do it to all 3 for 90 minutes - this is the power of the 3.

Don’t want to see it broken up at all - would love it to be added to - another fab 4 maybe... but honestly would be absolutely gutted to see Mo leave - or any of them..
    This is why I like what I'm hearing from Werner. He doesn't seem to think that he should be straight into the front 3 and has a lot of respect for the club and manager. I also think he'd suit our style of play and could fit into the front 3, if he gets in and replaces one of the others when the fall out of form, then it'd be up to them to win their place back!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Me and a mate were discussing Sancho and Werner lasnite. I said I think Werner is nailed on, woulnt be shocked if we got Sancho if not Werner.
    Also said I'd be really gutted to see any of the 3 we have go. Really gutted as its pretty much the best forward line in the world. I'd hate to lose any of our starting 11 but it obviously will happen and will need to happen purely for evolution purposes.
    I think Werner is as good as done too.

I don't think we'll see a Sancho or Havertz signing (£100m+) this summer, assuming (hoping) the front 3 stay.

I think it's also a reason why some are getting twitchy about Salah, they see the shiny new turbo charged Sancho and want that now. Timing is out on this one as you have 2 of the hottest prospects in world football almost certainly moving in the summer but we don't need them and they wouldn't come here to sit on the bench. And as I have said before, I wouldn't swap out any of our front 3 for anyone in the world the world right now............including the French kid.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Not by the fans they love him you can tell this by singing his name at games.

I rate him highly his stats over 3 years are incredible he is well ahead of anyone in EPL for what the data people call influential goals eg winning goals.
    First goal of game he has 24 of them out of 68 goals incredible really.

Will he go I dont know he might do but I think Coutinho may have opened their eyes more.

Madrid are a mess after 60 mins against City they had the stamina of a bloke finishing his 8th pint of Peroni....yes they are a glamour club but they look awful without CR7.

Barca arent great but are in same boat when Messi goes they like Madrid have a squad that is way past its peak.

Werner will be here soon to help the workload.
    yep
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I love Mo and hope he stays until he cant play at the same level he is doing anymore but I do think teams are more wise to how he plays and probably spend a lot of their game time prep working out how to stop him. It might be the reason why Mane has been hitting top form since Mo's first season. Not to say that Mane isn't world class, he clearly is but I think he might get the same treatment as Mo get's after this season (then it might be Mo's turn to shine again ).
    The opponents are basically holding Salah down a lot of the time.he should get more free kicks than he does. The west ham game some clown was following him around the pitch. It appeared Moyes had someone man mark him where ever he went for part of the game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Anyone happy to see the back of one of our front 3 needs a good kick in the balls.