Page 231 of 659 FirstFirst ... 131181221224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Those french looking a's and ^ should be minus signs

To me it looks like he's counting the profits exactly as you say - sales are counted when made (see the year we sold Couts) and purchases are amortised over the length of the contract. I can't see any deligitimisation of anything here. They are simply following the model, which you yourself point out is meant to give clubs more of a cushion against FFP. Almost sounds like we're overspending, rather than underspending.

I don't think they provided any details on agents' fees, though we seem to be paying more of those than anyone else in the PL. Don't know why you think they're a fixed percentage of wages or transfer fees. Afaik they're negotiated on an individual basis.

The PA is constant per player but is falling overall, as contracts are running out and players get moved on. Yes, as I already said, the PA should (?) be down. Not entirely sure how PA is calculated when a new contract is signed.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

To be honest, if we get Thiago, and the fact that Curtis Jones and Minamino are like new boss signings, I would be quite happy with that.
    Last edited by faridtoxteth; 11th September 2020 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    To me it looks like he's counting the profits exactly as you say - sales are counted when made (see the year we sold Couts) and purchases are amortised over the length of the contract. I can't see any deligitimisation of anything here. They are simply following the model, which you yourself point out is meant to give clubs more of a cushion against FFP. Almost sounds like we're overspending, rather than underspending.

I don't think they provided any details on agents' fees, though we seem to be paying more of those than anyone else in the PL. Don't know why you think they're a fixed percentage of wages or transfer fees. Afaik they're negotiated on an individual basis.

The PA is constant per player but is falling overall, as contracts are running out and players get moved on. Yes, as I already said, the PA should (?) be down. Not entirely sure how PA is calculated when a new contract is signed.
    How are we overspending ? Our purchases totals under klopp are marginally less than the 5 years prior to Klopp, whilst our net spend on transfers is about 35-40% of what it was the 5 years prior to Klopp.
    If we are overspending now we were spending like mad men prior to Klopp.

Our agent fees were probably very high owing from the aquisitions of VVD & 18/19 season arrivals, with most of our top players signing new contracts in the last annual accounts.
    Again our agent fees at a guess will be down from what they were with few new contracts signed last season iirc and 2 cheap additions.
    What other proxy would you use ?
    Transfer fee and wages would imo be good markers for what the club will pay, though as you say they are negotiated individually and there'd be some variance.

Thats fine, was just wondering if you saw it the same way.
    With contract renewals, i dont know how they do it either. If they are recalibrated then we should see a significant reduction in our PA costs.
    If so, it would be in our favour to sign up Fabinho, Keita and Alisson upto new contracts.

If PA is meant to alleviate FFP and we look to be breaking even under PA, we might be overspending. I don't think that's the case, but it almost sounds more likely than the opposite.

I really don't think I can contribute anything more to the rest of the financial discussion tbh, CC. I've said my piece.

Yeah, could be - not sure how it works - bound to be super intransparent and complicated.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    To be honest, if we get Thiago, and the fact tat Curtis Jones and Minamino are like new boss signings, I would be quite happy with that.
    Plus don’t forget Hendo is returning from injury so he’ll be like a new signing.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Plus don’t forget Hendo is returning from injury so he’ll be like a new signing.
    Never agree with this statement haha

If he was out for a year maybe i'd agree

Karius is back too so another new signing right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Karius is back too so another new SIGHning right there...
    Fixed...
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Karius is back too so another new signing right there...
    And Brewster back from his loan. Including that Greek lad that’s 4 ‘almost like’ new signings so far this summer.