Page 238 of 659 FirstFirst ... 138188228231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

@CC

Not sure why you are wanting any of this at all. The consensus on here this am was that - There is no way Salah would be wanting to go to Barca. It was dismissed out of hand as Nonsensical .. I simply suggested that there are many reasons why he might indeed want to go. And they are all totally valid.

You seem put out at the thought/fact that Barcelona might be a more desirable destination to Liverpool..? Why is that? Do you have a connection to the pool? I know I do but it doesn’t cloud the fact that one place is far more popular with far more people than the other Or distract me from the fact that historically top players from the top league in England become targets for the Spanish giants and often regardless of success.. Simples...

You believe that the CWC or WCC is a major title - fine - I don’t see it as thus - yes you have to win the CL to enter but the same goes for the Charity/Community shield. Both are nice to have’s in my book - sorry.

If you - in line with others - believe that due to our superb recent successes - the skint ness of Barca and a perceived preference for a cooler maritime climate...any dreams he may or may not have are cancelled...then you may well be correct. I just don’t see it.

This conversation could go on till the cows come home but it isn’t really going anywhere - because we are just imagining what motivates another human being.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th September 2020 at 07:23 PM.

If winning titles over the last decade is important, is it that unreasonable to think winning titles in the coming seasons is important.
    Is it unreasonable to suggest that what we won or more correctly didnt win many years ago have any effect on our ability to win things this or next season. Had kenny done the double what impact would that have on our chances of success now.

The bookies oddd have bayern, city () and us in the top 3 for the champions league.
    They are only odds and city is a bit laughable but i was interested to see where you ranked barca/real.
    Its a pity you cant share your opinions on the matter.

In terms of affinities to great clubs, i have a soft spot for AC Milan. More Cl titles than both us and barca.
    But in the same way, albeit to a greater degree, i would suggest Salah wouldnt be interested in joining them.

The suggestion that Salah might fancy a stint in la liga before his career ends is plausible. But what is a legacy if not a winning legacy. For footballers the CL is the big title.
    At liverpool salah has a better chance of winning the cl and should we retain our pl title it will only further cement their legacy. Hes part of a legacy here and has the chance to cement it further.

My guess is that were Salah being sought and angling for a move, then we would have seen acquisitions arrive already.
    Its better to buy before a big sale and so far theres been very little to suggest that Salah would leave this summer. So rubbishing the rumour mills suggestion would seem the correct direction to lean.

If we are talking about beyond this season..
    Were real or barca to improve their standing over the coming season, perhaps the appeal of leaving might increase. But as of now neither are hot favourites for the CL and imo barca are in a bit of turmoil, while Real have a fair bit more going for them.

They have a big manager, have a host of highly rated players that could improve the side a lot, have a seemingly better board and transfer market track record.

Barca in contrast have several ageing players, several weak managers, a board and transfer record thats been abysmal.

Fo sho...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fo sho...
    Interesting reply and clarification, hope youve not put a lot of money on Salah to Barca this window.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Interesting reply and clarification, hope youve not put a lot of money on Salah to Barca this window.
    Just trying to keep the word count down dude. Seriously - I certainly wouldn’t be betting on him going anywhere at all this summer. Was simply suggesting that there are still reasons why he might want to go to those poor old bumpkins - Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just trying to keep the word count down dude. Seriously - I certainly wouldn’t be betting on him going anywhere at all this summer. Was simply suggesting that there are still reasons why he might want to go to those poor old bumpkins - Barcelona
    I tend to look at overall appearance/body language etc.
    Most of the boys seem happy playing here and working under Klopp.
    That and they don't live in 'questionable areas', nice stately houses in Cheshire etc.
    Barca and Real have no stability of Manager, and how much money is too much ?
    Salah himself is about 3rd or 4th highest paid player in the Prem IIRC
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Salah is the fifth highest earning player in the world.

According to Four Four Two he’s fourth behind Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.
    That top 3 are on double the likes of Salah and Mbappe

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    According to Four Four Two he’s fourth behind Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.
    That top 3 are on double the likes of Salah and Mbappe
    According to the list I read Mbappe is ahead of Salah.

Only £1m in it so they are on similar money, the top 3 are on £43-56m more than those two.