Page 243 of 659 FirstFirst ... 143193233236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why sell Mane and Salah?? I would rather get rid of Firmino.. for all his good work in midfield.. He offers nothing has a forward.
    Hes to powderpuff in front of goal. lets hope he picks up his scoring ratio this season or it will be down to Salah and Mane to again do bulk of the scoring.
    Sorry mate, completely disagree with this view of Firnino. When the whole team is functioning smoothly he is the essential pivot around which everything revolves.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Sorry mate, completely disagree with this view of Firnino. When the whole team is functioning smoothly he is the essential pivot around which everything revolves.
    At the moment yes. What hapepns if he only scores 7/8 times this season? and Salah and Mane dont score has many.For all Firminos good work he needs to score goals as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think bale to Spurs would be excellent. He would put Kane's nose out of joint. wouldn't track back much, like Son doesn't, probably he mistakenly thinks he is going to come back to the premier league as it was when he left it, but it's not like that any more. Much more pressing, and he is much older.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I saw a documentary the other night about Spurs, i'm pretty sure Mourinho was calling Alli lazy during a conversation with his assistant and Daniel Levy. He hadn't long took over when he said that, i don't know if his views are the same. I'm mentioning this because in the gossip column, they are thinking of using him as part of any deal to bring Bale back. Could be wrong of course.
    Deli Ali may appear lazy, because every time he tries to exert himself. he ends up having muscle injuries. We have seen with the likes of Lallana and Sturridge and other players. They physically cant manage to run around without pulling something.

As much as I would love Brewster to be the next Robbie Fowler, I personally haven't seen anything to convince me that his natural game would ever fit our playing style. He might go to Sheffield Utd and be a great success, and i wish him well. But it wouldn't make me change my mind, just like I loved Connor Coady at our club, but even though we now probably need a centre back, i don't think he would have been the right fit, whereas at Wolves it is perfect for him to show his great qualities. even Southgate had to change England's system to give him his well deserved England cap.

Lewandowski did alright under Klopp and hes a no9

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Rumours (as ever cant be trusted) but there is one that, Sheffield united have sealed a deal for Brewster on a permanent.So lets see what comes off this.. I dont get how we are not interested in central strikers.
    £28M (Rumoured). A sad day for the club if true. He's a long way from being ready in my honest opinion, but the raw talent is there. A loan deal would be better but I guess we need the money.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    £28M (Rumoured). A sad day for the club if true. He's a long way from being ready in my honest opinion, but the raw talent is there. A loan deal would be better but I guess we need the money.
    Yep shame hes not getting the chance. Its similar to Ings in a sense. Though Ings is older. Doesnt look like either would get the playing time so are off loaded. maybe there is a buy back clause with Brewster?? Anyway Sarr is suppose to be on the radar.. That will make Mane happy for sure. If we manage to offload Wilson and Gruic that will probably mean Thiago comes in.. But who knows

No takers for Origi then. I imagine they were going to let one or the other go to allow us to bring in a wide man. Believe there’s a buy back clause for Brewster if he goes

Looks like noone is rushing to buy Wilson or Grujic either.

All 3 gone could get a decent player, thiago won't come if wij is staying, so yea a wide player I guess.

Still wish we had another option upfront

Still can't believe we have to sell to buy after the transfer spend last 4 is 23m ffs compared to arsenal 173 and the rest of the "top 6" (the usual 6 in past anyway) higher.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th September 2020 at 02:56 PM.