Page 247 of 659 FirstFirst ... 147197237240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

They are not paying that much for a 29 year old to keep him on the bench, so it looks like Wijnaldum will be going. If that's the case, i wish him well and thank him for his contributions in helping us bag the big ones.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes indeed... Much as I would like to keep Brewster - if it means Gini stays - happy days...

Richard Pryor - comedy legend... First noticed him in Superman 3... The Old Singapore Sling scene comes to mind..

Brewster's Millions - hehe

Also Stir Crazy - See No Evil... Comedy acting genius and brutal standup

Aye it looks like we've spent the Brewster cash "Pryor" to actually having it.............
    ....'anno. I'll get me coat.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They are not paying that much for a 29 year old to keep him on the bench, so it looks like Wijnaldum will be going. If that's the case, i wish him well and thank him for his contributions in helping us bag the big ones.
    It really isn't that much, but can't see us with that many midfielders so I agree

Thiago wouldn't be on the bench eitherway.

Is this a change of tac then?

I don't think so personally, it's only because we can get someone fairly cheap who's qualty and with a big rep, so doesn't matter if he's 29 i guess.

In all seriousness what a great bit of business. 20m. We sold Solanke for that! Wow.
    Cant wait to see him in action for us as its obviously been on the cards since it was first mentioned a couple of months ago.
    What a midfield we have now if also keep hold of Gini. Its basically got the lot.
    Last edited by teesred; 17th September 2020 at 12:37 PM.

Absolutely tees - always felt confident we were going to get at least one quality signing - and looks we have done just that...

If that is the case then we have robbed peter to pay Paul in some respects and will need another addition probably up top with Brewster leaving.
    I hope it's not the case though but wouldnt be shocked.

Maybe wij stays and jones goes on loan for a year- then wij goes?

Sales from brewster etc to cover thiagos cost because obviously FSG can't spend a whopping 20m and not get any money back.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If that is the case then we have robbed peter to pay Paul in some respects and will need another addition probably up top with Brewster leaving.
    I hope it's not the case though but wouldnt be shocked.
    What we will have if he signs, is a midfield player who actually gets goals, meaning it won't always be down to Salah and Mane. We've wanted his type since Gerrard finished.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

What we will have if he signs, is a midfield player who actually gets goals, meaning it won't always be down to Salah and Mane. We've wanted his type since Gerrard finished.
    His scoring record isnt much better than any of our other mids I dont recall. Hes nowhere near Gerrard levels in that respect. Its often the assist to the assist he gets, the pass that unlocks things which is something we need in tight games. From that point there should be more goals scored but I wouldnt expect from him directly?
    TAA alluded to us playing differently due to the fact we have played the same way for too long. Thiago should mix things up for sure and Klopp will absolutely have a plan on how to use him best.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    His scoring record isnt much better than any of our other mids I dont recall. Hes nowhere near Gerrard levels in that respect. Its often the assist to the assist he gets, the pass that unlocks things which is something we need in tight games. From that point there should be more goals scored but I wouldnt expect from him directly?
    TAA alluded to us playing differently due to the fact we have played the same way for too long. Thiago should mix things up for sure and Klopp will absolutely have a plan on how to use him best.
    Yes, nowhere near Gerrard in terms of goals, but should provide his fair share of assists.