Page 25 of 659 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425262728293031323575125525 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Oh, yeah, agreed, why the fuck would we think about doing that, we want to add a fourth top quality striker, not move on any of our incredible front 3

The point of this summer should be to add an extra top quality player of the right age in 2 or 3 positions and integrate them with the incredible players we already have so they can develop in the team and learn from them
    I've no problem with adding top quality players to the squad. Obviously Jurgen didn't think Fernandes was what he wanted as it he had we would've signed him as we have the money.
    Injuries come to all clubs at some point and who knows maybe next season could be our turn. So we will need to add to the squad not take away from it. Especially as the Jurgen system is a running like a dream with the type of players he's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Paul Konchesky though skye.... What a playaaaaar... I mean the guy had the lot. a shiny head, two in the legs AND he brought his own boots...
    He was in the sky sports studio last night, watching one of the Europa league games. I think it was Arsenal.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    If I remember correctly, everyone was on the same wavelength and justified to moan about his tenure! Lucas was getting the most flack out of all the players (even more than Konchesky IIRC)!
    That was totally unfair, 5 managers thought he was good enough, they can't all be wrong.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    That was totally unfair, 5 managers thought he was good enough, they can't all be wrong.
    He was one of the reasons they were all sacked !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Haha.

He was in the sky sports studio last night, watching one of the Europa league games. I think it was Arsenal.
    He was on TalkCrud a couple of hours ago.

Did he bring his mum along for backup?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Did he bring his mum along for backup?
    Haha, she was covering the United game.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Haha, he was frustrating on occasions but not as bad as some made him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Is there a dislike of Salah in some quarters? I know Carragher was saying Salah was under appreciated. I know his body language doesn't appear to be the best. but I think that's because hes quite reserved in how he is as a person. Doesn't mean he doesn't care.. I still remember when he won man of the match and he gave his man of the match gift to Milner for his 600th appearance.
    Some fans may want him to show more emotion. But as long as hes doing his job that's fine.
    2 things with Salah imo

1) Mane and Bobby are off the ball animals. Salahs really good off the ball too, but hes just in a front 3 with 2 monsters. Mane is currently the top animal.

2) hes under delivering imo on goals and assists. Scoring penalties is important but last year and this year Salah has 3 in both pl campaigns.
    Mane has no penalties, takes less shots and matches Salah last year in the pl and missed more games this year.
    Imo Mane for the last season and this one is our best and most clinical attacker.

Mane had to deal with this in 17/18. Suffering relative to Bobby's and Mo's performances then.

I think people get very and more defensive about Salah than the other 2 myself.
    Imo Salah should lead our other 2 on goals and assists by a greater distance.