Page 250 of 659 FirstFirst ... 150200240243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Lallana was the bits and pieces player, quite literally

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Thiago has got better stats than every midfielder we've currently got for dribbles, interceptions and passing. He's not bits and pieces he is the complete midfield player.
    The club rarely buys a player of his age, and one with no sell on value so they must see something in him to go against the grain.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

If he helps us win a title or two, or a CL over the next few years his price tag will seem a snip.
    Great player and a serial winner. This, for all and sundry, should be a fantastic signing. Fitness permitting of course.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah lets let one of the guys that can actually play on the wing leave.. makes sense

yes we have shaqiri but come on
    I'm not actively seeking Ox's exit, just to be clear - I'm "thinking out loud" in terms of guesswork as to what our Club will want. Seven players (if we include Jones, as I did) for 3 spots is a lot - you make that 8 (if we include Ox) and you wonder if Jones gets enough minutes and so on.

There are plenty of options to weigh up - maybe Wijnaldum leaves at the end of 20/21 and we just enjoy having a "bumper" year.

As for Ox and the wing, he has 7 goals from 64 League appearances for us in the League (no breakdown on position played, sorry) which isn't irreplaceable, but seemingly shines a bit more in Europe with 5 goals and 12 appearances, making 13 goals in 87 appearances in all comps over 3 seasons. Not at all bad and like I said, I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to boot him out the door.

The Club may feel we're stacked in midfield without him and that Minamino, Elliot and one more (Origi? Shaqiri? Ox?) is enough - or they may feel that Ox is an invaluable asset who can drive past people and score from range, with the two appearances in 18/19 in the League being deemed the exception, not the rule.

We'll know more come October - he's 27 now so should have a few more good years left in him really, injuries-permitting. I really like him as a player and he's one of my favourites in terms of being articulate/charismatic in interviews - I'd be sad to see him go.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Because it's FSG

Don't be daft

ofc we're going to have to make that 20m up otherwise that's like double they've spent in 4 years
    I don't see why you whinging so much. Fsg is using sensible methods. If we had you and CCTV at the helm we'd be bankrupt in 6 months 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Will he be available for Sunday??or is that too soon??
    No preseason. CL final only a few weeks ago. Normally a month off with a few weeks preseason .
    Ease him back into 1st team football

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I don't see why you whinging so much. Fsg is using sensible methods. If we had you and CCTV at the helm we'd be bankrupt in 6 months ����
    Saying the facts

and yeah all the other 5+ club owners that invest more are bankcrupt

Thank fuck for klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Henderson.
    Milner.
    Wijnaldum.
    Fabinho.
    Keita.
    Thiago.

Then we have Jones, an upcoming prospect bordering on ready.

That's already 7 players for 3 spots. I would be hesitant to see Ox leave, particularly given his age profile, but perhaps the Club are looking at his injury issues as something that will always be present and/or feel they'd like to see more from him against sides that aren't Man City, though that might be an overly harsh lens through which to see it.

The closure of the Window isn't forever away so I'm sure the picture will become more clear soon enough.
    Milner a handy utility man.
    Depends if he wants another 2years 1st team football. Not first choice. Great to have around; I'd make him backroom staff when he retires. Jones inexperienced

So
    Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Gini
    Keita
    Ox

6 for 3.
    Perfect ratio.
    Fabinho CB cover ; Billy VDB Hoever Matip

Neco and the Greek fullback cover.

Forward 3 + Divock Minimino Elliott

Brewster Wilson Grujic Shaqiri all on the market for £20m +/-

Shaping up good.

Probably business in done

Business out ; not finished yet.

Yeah that's a pretty good assessment Dicko.

We're well on the way.

It's fun to reminisce and think about posts/threads 6 or so years ago where we'd talk about how lovely it would be to gazzump our rivals using intelligent, sustainable methods rather than being Sportswashed by a Saudi Prince.

We actually did it though - that League Title is finally in the bag - and we still look to be en route to improvement/more trophies.

Covid-19 has been unfortunate, but it's a smashing time to be a Red.

Jonathan Northcroft
    @JNorthcroft
    Getting Thiago for less than Leeds paid for Rodrigo is further proof that Michael Edwards should be locked up.