Page 256 of 659 FirstFirst ... 156206246249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Jota didn't play last game either, Maybe we'll bring him in

and have buyers ready for brewster/wilson/grujic/wij

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    That the red sox rested on their laurels and relinquished their hold on mlb and its possible liverpool might do the same i assume after the first paragraph.
    There can be zero valid comparison with how FSG or any other owners of American professional teams To European football teams for many reasons. The single largest one is leagues here enforce mandatory player salary caps and those don’t exist in Europe. Once a player becomes a major star and it’s time for a new contract there is only so much room under the salary cap that the team can afford to pay him. It’s why there is much more parity in American sports and few dynasties anymore. A successful team will have a few good seasons in baseball or football then trade some of their stars away and bring in younger talent because they just can’t afford the new contracts. FSG runs Liverpool somewhat from that mindset when it has to. It’s where a lot of the mentality of the club must generate funds to spend funds comes from.

Its amazing how the players we do end up pursuing always seem to make perfect sense, yet when we rack our brains its nigh on impossible to decide who might improve the side. Its like the people in charge know what they are doing to some extent. Jota would be another great signing.

Jota is defo a target as Pearce/Reddy/Joyce have confirmed it for £35m.

Whether we get him is another matter.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some fringe players go now and if we can bring good money in for squad players to be replaced by first teamers that has to be good ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Jota is defo a target as Pearce/Reddy/Joyce have confirmed it for £35m.

Whether we get him is another matter.

I wouldnt be surprised to see some fringe players go now and if we can bring good money in for squad players to be replaced by first teamers that has to be good ?
    Yeah perfect pretty much complete with Jota

Could say about 4th CB but we have players to fill in if needs be

Anyone think the Jota move might be related to the story about Wolves wanting the Ox?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Anyone think the Jota move might be related to the story about Wolves wanting the Ox?
    Not seen anything reliable about Ox leaving or rumours

Just trash

source?

Unless Wij signs a new contract and stays, I can't see Ox leaving

Last edited by Steveo; 18th September 2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not seen anything reliable about Ox leaving or rumours

Just trash

source?

Unless Wij signs a new contract and stays, I can't see Ox leaving
    Sorry to sound flakey, but i can't remember where i read that. it was a couple of days ago, and I just remember it because it was the first time i had seen any transfer rumours about Ox. It might have been the Guardian football transfer rumours column. I mean it wasn't Metro or something like that. I hope Ox will stay but surely someone has to be going.

BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool are closing on a £35m deal for Wolves forward Diogo Jota that could be agreed as early as Saturday. @ skysports

and fair enough mate i expect quite a few leavers soonish