Page 268 of 659 FirstFirst ... 168218258261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Me neither, apart from playing in the 8-0 defeat v Bayern in his last game, having a shocker and giving away a penalty.
    Thing is CB as a young guy is hard, there's always going to be mistakes in them, I'm sure even VVD made a lot back in the day, I doubt there's any reliable 20 year old out there

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Any idea where Origi maybe headed??
    A few days ago he was liked with Ferencvaros in Hungary.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal forward Diogo Jota from Wolves in a £41m deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Premier League champions.

The move represents a net outlay of about £30m for Liverpool, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

Liverpool have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer taking Dutch player Hoever to Molineux.

Jota's move follows the Anfield club's £20m capture of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich on Friday.

They have also signed Greece left-back Kostas Tsimikas for about £11.7m this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal forward Diogo Jota from Wolves in a £41m deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Premier League champions.

The move represents a net outlay of about £30m for Liverpool, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

Liverpool have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer taking Dutch player Hoever to Molineux.

Jota's move follows the Anfield club's £20m capture of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich on Friday.

They have also signed Greece left-back Kostas Tsimikas for about £11.7m this summer.
    No buyback clause? If not that seems like an oversight on our part, unless of course Wolves flatly refused having one put in the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    No buyback clause? If not that seems like an oversight on our part, unless of course Wolves flatly refused having one put in the contract.
    Why would they agree?

Imagine making a player out of someone, a proper class player for the club to come along and buy them back.

I'd not agree to have one either, "if you make it we'll buy you back if not ha stay there"

Any club that accepts that is retarded

If that’s the end of the incoming players, I’m more than happy. All 3 of them are ready to start I guess, and we now have a strong bench And plenty of options for rotation.

It’s always disappointing to see some of the youngsters and fringe players sold, but it’s easy to understand the reasoning. I can easily see Milner being let go due to lack of opportunities. Leeds is the option most likely. They could do with him to add some discipline to their play.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why would they agree?

Imagine making a player out of someone, a proper class player for the club to come along and buy them back.

I'd not agree to have one either, "if you make it we'll buy you back if not ha stay there"

Apparently that's why that Reguillon didnt go to Utd as Real wanted a buy back after 2 years, Spurs accepted the but back clause.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Apparently that's why that Reguillon didnt go to Utd as Real wanted a buy back after 2 years, Spurs accepted the but back clause.
    Desperation if that's true like Bale

And yes the last few days have been great, got what we needed.

time for the sales now, be interesting to see if we can make more or break-even, maybe if we make more we'd get a CB too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why would they agree?

The same reason why any club would, and do agree i.e. they want a particular deal to do through and the other party they are dealing with insist that such a clause is put in place.

As I said, it's possible that we asked to have one put in place and Wolves simply refused, meaning that us just getting the deal over the line was possibly a lot more important than what might happen with Hoever in the future should he improve to a point where we'd like to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Does anyone know how to embed videos on here posted on twitter?, thought this forum had some sort of BB code for it??
    go to the Advanced option when selecting Reply
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief