Page 27 of 659 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233343777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Werner, Rabian Ruiz and Soumare

I wouldn't go anywhere near Traore, he doesn't do enough over 90 minutes, doesn't work hard enough, doesn't press and counter press, I'd hate for us to repreat a mistake we used to make a lot of going for a player who looks good for another Prem club but really isn't good enough for us or what we need in that our entire team contributes in every game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yeah fair enough.
    But imagine if he can put that right and score goals.
    Frightening pace and strength.

Traore 24yo already successful in the EPL but lacking consistency and goals need to get to 20+.

Mane
    Winjaldum
    Oxlade
    Robertson
    VVD

All via EPL clubs.

Cant see us being able to sign any players next window tbh. Finance must be in a bad place having to place low paid staff on furlough. Could be a quiet couple of windows coming. Just hope we can hold our current squad together.

Finance must be good surely? Champions league win, last 16 again, didnt spend much last summer either. They've done the furlough thing out of greed and nothing more think.

.......unless you're being sarcastic and thats just wooshed over my head!

2nd option. I wonder how the hierarchy feel this morning with this backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    2nd option. I wonder how the hierarchy feel this morning with this backlash.
    I'm hoping they back down like they had to over the ticket prices.

If this goes on for a few months it will only cost them a few million just pay out your own pocket its not like they will notice it has gone

They would have been advised of the media and fan backlash before announcing it, I can't see any senior people this side of the Atlantic recommending this, especially after the ticket pricing fiasco....doubt they'll change their minds.

Wonder what Klopp is thinking?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Finance must be good surely? Champions league win, last 16 again, didnt spend much last summer either. They've done the furlough thing out of greed and nothing more think.
    They've done it because the club continuing to be successful is dependent on their managing FFP well and because there is no football and when it resumes it is likely to be played behind closed doors they are going to take a massive financial hit, football is a business just like any other, if the help if available of course they should take it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They've done it because the club continuing to be successful is dependent on their managing FFP well and because there is no football and when it resumes it is likely to be played behind closed doors they are going to take a massive financial hit, football is a business just like any other, if the help if available of course they should take it
    Really? I don't agree at all. It was a shithouse move and they have done the right thing eventually.