Page 279 of 659 FirstFirst ... 179229269272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The new stand stands out well from the rest of the ground, whilst fitting in well, if you get what i mean. Impressive structure. New training complex too.

Only 1 Pl & 1 CL - not a bad haul considering so few british clubs have won the CL. My guess we win at least 1 of them again this year and a big double shouldnt be beyond us.

Lovren out - Fab to CB and Thiago in midfield
    Lallana out - Jota in
    We didnt lose the little the shit, he left of his own volition and a bad back. A sale and fee few people thought was even possible

"Wonder WHY" oh deary me, a year plus of posting about how we can sign mbappe, how we can afford to do it, pages about why we are the best destination in europe and you have the temerity to say i wonder why, its on and just a matter of time before we liberate Mbappe
    We would also have had to put up with another lengthy ban if he had stayed plus no guarantee against any further similar offences and further lengthy bans.
    Last edited by scientificred; 22nd September 2020 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Think CC is on about Coutinho tbh

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Don't see why selling Torres was a mistake.
    He was messing about in that last season with us
    I remember seeing Carragher yelling at him about his movement (or lack of it) and Torres gesturing back at him.
    He wanted off and also seemed past his best owing to injury or otherwise
    Torres stats
    Liverpool
    07-09 116 appearances 72 goals, fantastic
    10-11 26 appearances 9 goals, mediocre
    Chelsea
    172 appearances 45 goals, poor
    Atletico Madrid
    150 appearances 37 goals, poor

Kenny sold him end of Jan for £50m and also sold Babel for £5.8m who was poor
    In came Suarez £22.8m and Andy Carroll £35m

Carrolls stats
    Newcastle
    09-11 62 appearances 30 goals
    Fell off a seat or something like that at time of signing and so got injured for quite a spell upon joining - not good!
    I thought Kenny spent a lot of effort developing Carroll but it just never worked out - when he appeared to be coming good Kenny never seemed to pick him regularly.
    Signed for Liverpool at age 22
    Appearances 58 goals 11
    Now aged 31 with total career stats of
    appearances 322 goals 79
    I had no problem with selling Torres, he just wasn't interested and obviously wanted a move. My issue was who was brought in to replace him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I stayed in the same hotel as the team while they were there on the day of the infamous Blackburn away game. Woys and Torres last game. Before they left the hotel they all went for a walk around the hotel and I've never seen a more dejected bunch than that squad. And we knew Torres didn't want to be their. He looked miserable.
    On the other hand old Woy was as happy as Larry 😂😂

Pwobabwy fwought he was doing a weally weally wonderful job did Woy...

Dark days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pwobabwy fwought he was doing a weally weally wonderful job did Woy...

Dark days indeed.
    I really should've been mad at him but he came across as very likable.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    No no - wasn’t his fault he found himself in charge of the most successful club in the land.

He was out of his depth and just over the moon to have the title Manager of Liverpool FC bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post

...likeable if you were our opponents that day, he always talked them up like we were playing Barca no matter who it was.

He's the only ex LFC manager I look at at completely forget he was ever associated with the club, like it never really happened..........bit like when Bobby stepped out of the shower (half of you won't have a clue).
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I preferred him in Man From Atlantis

Now that would be some spoof - imagine Woy cast in that role...

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    ...likeable if you were our opponents that day, he always talked them up like we were playing Barca no matter who it was.

He's the only ex LFC manager I look at at completely forget he was ever associated with the club, like it never really happened..........bit like when Bobby stepped out of the shower (half of you won't have a clue).
    I don't remember Firmino being in Dallas
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.