Page 287 of 659 FirstFirst ... 187237277280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Having seen how good Shaqiri was last night and how good he can be at times. I would be loathed to let him go this season. I would keep him for back up for Salah and probably let Elliot go on loan.
    It's tricky with Shaqiri. On the one hand, on his day, what a player he is.

On the other, he is 28, probably won't attain much more transfer value and has made something like 42 appearances with 8 goals (all comps) with that being 41 and 7 respectively prior to last night - so doesn't appear for roughly 50% of games.

Would I take a younger player, with maybe 80% of the ability but a likelihood of being available much more often due to a lack of niggles? Yeah I likely would, despite my love of Shaqiri's movement, long range efforts, troublesome corners and free kick capacity.

Very happy if Klopp wants him around in the set-up as he gives us another skill-set and equally very content if we get money from a sale to later use on adding another component to the team. It's the sort of conundrum we want to have as it shows we are fairly well-stocked.

We only played a bad league one side yesterday don't get to carried away

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's tricky with Shaqiri. On the one hand, on his day, what a player he is.

On the other, he is 28, probably won't attain much more transfer value and has made something like 42 appearances with 8 goals (all comps) with that being 41 and 7 respectively prior to last night - so doesn't appear for roughly 50% of games.

Would I take a younger player, with maybe 80% of the ability but a likelihood of being available much more often due to a lack of niggles? Yeah I likely would, despite my love of Shaqiri's movement, long range efforts, troublesome corners and free kick capacity.

Very happy if Klopp wants him around in the set-up as he gives us another skill-set and equally very content if we get money from a sale to later use on adding another component to the team. It's the sort of conundrum we want to have as it shows we are fairly well-stocked.
    Lad, every one of your posts is at least 180+ words too long.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Lad, every one of your posts is at least 180+ words too long.
    It's a nice change when Sid posts, from other things and he talks sense

Don't let anyone change who you are sid!

I'd be more concerned about the constant up the bum shite

I mean there's passion on match threads, then there's that, jesus but you know what, he can post what he likes it's a free country
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th September 2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's a nice change when Sid posts, from other things and he talks sense

Don't let anyone change who you are sid!

I'd be more concerned about the constant up the bum shite

I mean there's passion on match threads, then there's that, jesus but you know what, he can post what he likes it's a free country
    You've obviously got more free time on your hands than I do Kevin.

Anyways, do you think we're going to bum the Arse real good on Monday evening?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    You've obviously got more free time on your hands than I do Kevin.

Anyways, do you think we're going to bum the Arse real good on Monday evening?
    it only takes 5-10 secs to scan through things for me anyway and read it all but i guess you're getting old xxx, it's better than reading complete and utter bullshit

And yeah I do, and i'm going to bum you real good also, to celebrate
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th September 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Shaqiri made me think how often do we score from a free kick? Something Harry Wilson used to be known for when last year he'd scored more goals from outside the box than any other player in England. Not saying we should keep either player but it's a useful threat to have. Trent take note.

Messis not happy about suarez leaving

They're really going to the dogs

I assume suarez is still class despite his age he wasn't ever the fastest player anyway, mainly skills and finishing- best player i've seen for us in recent history- and yes i know we have salah and mane but suarez was something else in a average team really

He was that good sturridge looked world class and had his best ever season

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Messis not happy about suarez leaving

They're really going to the dogs

I assume suarez is still class despite his age he wasn't ever the fastest player anyway, mainly skills and finishing- best player i've seen for us in recent history- and yes i know we have salah and mane but suarez was something else in a average team really

He was that good sturridge looked world class and had his best ever season
    He racked up 198 goals and around 100 assists in around 300 games as far as I can recall. Mental numbers. 2nd or 3rd all time top scorer for barca.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He racked up 198 goals and around 100 assists in around 300 games as far as I can recall. Mental numbers. 2nd or 3rd all time top scorer for barca.
    No disrespect to firmino but imagine if he was suarez with salah and mane