Page 33 of 659 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536373839404383133533 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Not going off track here with the main thread.. But regarding global warming. in the last 3 months. we had the wettest February on record (just in my location we had 4 times as much rainfall) followed by the driest April on record.So anyone denying something is amiss is not right in their head..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Can we get rid of Lovren?? hes really irks the fk out of me
    Given the Covid-19 situation, I suspect we hang onto him and he sees out the last year of his contract.

Would love to sell and make a few million for him, but it just doesn't look particularly likely in an uncertain market.

Karius has terminated his loan with Besiktas. Noticed Wolves are loosely linked.

In a perfect World we would be able to sell Shaqiri (who I really like as a player but can't seem to get fit) Lovren and Karius with a view to increasing the "Wallet" to bring in whoever we need.

In a hypothetical where Shaqiri went for £20m, Lovren for £8m and Karius for £2m, you've gathered the funds for a £30m player / half of a £60m player.

If Luis Alberto gets sold, some more money comes in - due to Edwards negotiating a sell-on percentage clause in his sale. If Coutinho stays at Barcelona I think we get another £17m.

Hopefully we're able to do some reasonable business. Investment in the right areas could really cement our position for 2-3 more seasons.

Reports today that we're delaying any decision on Werner to see what the financial landscape will look like later on. Big risk if they really want him, someone else will pay his release clause.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Reports today that we're delaying any decision on Werner to see what the financial landscape will look like later on. Big risk if they really want him, someone else will pay his release clause.
    True but all clubs are in the same boat and if he has his heart set on us he will wait im sure.

Yep, I just don't see this collapse of big transfers some are predicting. Players like Werner are easily worth his release clause and I'd be amazed if he goes for less than £50m if the clause runs out when the window opens.

Players aren't going to sign new contracts that are half of their teammates current contracted wages either, tickets won't be less, tv subs won't be less, maybe we won't see any £100m+ players for a little while but it won't take long to see the silly money being thrown about again.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I think you will see £50-60m transfers from some clubs but this has collapsed the economy all over the globe.

We just have to hope the world can beat this quickly and get things moving again.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Koulibaly is the finished article and would improve us instantly, Sancho wouldn’t with no guarantee he would work out, despite his massive fee. Still very raw and the Premier League is a step up from the Bundesliga. He may end up being something really special but so might Elliot or Jones etc
    Better value in Sancho
    This player would automatically fit us
    20 goals + 20 assists
    Sancho stats over the last 2 seasons are incredible!
    Our 2 "wingers" need to be able to score and assist.
    Mbappé
    Sancho
    Werner

All tick those boxes.

Players like Ryan Fraser don't.

Koulibaly is a brilliant defender.

But I would say rotation of our front 3+1 is more important.
    All 28yo+ in the next 2 seasons there will be change to those 3.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not going off track here with the main thread.. But regarding global warming. in the last 3 months. we had the wettest February on record (just in my location we had 4 times as much rainfall) followed by the driest April on record.So anyone denying something is amiss is not right in their head..
    I need to look at the exact figures
    But rainfall in Brazil was phenomenal!!
    Like over 150mm or 175mm in a few hours back in February

Like happening regularly each year in the last few years.
    Whereas before an occurrence 1x a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Yep, I just don't see this collapse of big transfers some are predicting. Players like Werner are easily worth his release clause and I'd be amazed if he goes for less than £50m if the clause runs out when the window opens.

Players aren't going to sign new contracts that are half of their teammates current contracted wages either, tickets won't be less, tv subs won't be less, maybe we won't see any £100m+ players for a little while but it won't take long to see the silly money being thrown about again.
    Welcome Newcastle too.

I think it is more to do with ethics at the moment; to not splash out £50m+
    To be afraid of public backlash again and media.

Perhaps we are waiting for another club to spend first.
    I'd say Werner is 90% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Welcome Newcastle too.
    Indeed.

Depending on how things play out, Newcastle have the potential to become an enormous headache for the likes of Arsenal and Spurs.