Page 4 of 659 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    It takes more than talent to be a top player..You need to be good professional on and off the pitch. and you need to be able to handle the pressure that is placed on you ,there have been loads of players who have looked world class and never made it to their full potential.
    We see how pressure effects the likes of Man-united. they were once on top now they are being forced to follow and every mistake they make is highlighted 10 fold.
    It does make more than talent to make a top player, a great set up, with a brilliant manager and players around them who all have exemplary attitudes and ethics on and off the pitch is a big help obviously. We look for players with the right mentality as well as the talent
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

19 with your Soumare lad, I see he's played under age for France but no senior caps. Is there a chance he might declare for Senegal and play with Mane if that offer comes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So, maybe, stop being an ass
    I was genuinely having a bit of fun, 19x. Not taking a pop.

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say you are like a dog with a bone when it comes to identifying players who you think will solve our various problems and then sticking with the idea (or player).
    Whether this Soumare is on our radar or not will be down to some scouting and some data analytics so it’s not likely that all your sterling work will make much difference. I have nothing against what you’re doing but you must recognise that it may be as futile or as accurate as your previous belief about Quaresma’s suitability. Nothing wrong with that as far as I’m concerned but it is worthy of a laugh at least.
    I’d like to see Coutinho back but it seems unlikely. The club has become very good at identifying targets and signing them so I think your fixation on certain players is a thought experiment more than anything. That’s the real difference today - if we really needed Quaresma the chances of us getting him would be much higher.

You tell him taksin !! He clearly has an obsession with that French fella 😭

(It takes one to know one - Mbappé 2020 )

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    OK, I'll address this, I have several times, but I'll address it again, players who we don't sign who make bad career choices and don't have managers capable of getting the very best out of them does not reflect on the value they would have been to us and the player they could have been, with the right manager in the right team could he have been an exceptional player rather than a player who had some exceptional games and too many ordinary ones? Absolutely - Even with his 1 in 5 exceptional to ordinary ratio would he have still been a far better player for us than any single one of the players we had at ALM in Rafa's system? All day long

If Newcastle, the Manc or Chelsea were to sign Soumare do I think he would evolve to become as incredible a player as he would in our system learning from and supported by the players we currently have and developing the mentality they have and playing for Jurgen? Of course he bloody wouldn't

So, maybe, stop being an ass
    Seriously Nineteenx pal, you were asked to use full stops.

.................................................. .................................................. .......
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You tell him taksin !! He clearly has an obsession with that French fella 😭

(It takes one to know one - Mbappé 2020 )
    He’s definitely coming though, kidda. You’re sticking to the facts

Fact, as Rafa might say

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I was genuinely having a bit of fun, 19x. Not taking a pop.

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say you are like a dog with a bone when it comes to identifying players who you think will solve our various problems and then sticking with the idea (or player).
    Whether this Soumare is on our radar or not will be down to some scouting and some data analytics so it’s not likely that all your sterling work will make much difference. I have nothing against what you’re doing but you must recognise that it may be as futile or as accurate as your previous belief about Quaresma’s suitability. Nothing wrong with that as far as I’m concerned but it is worthy of a laugh at least.
    I’d like to see Coutinho back but it seems unlikely. The club has become very good at identifying targets and signing them so I think your fixation on certain players is a thought experiment more than anything. That’s the real difference today - if we really needed Quaresma the chances of us getting him would be much higher.
    Hmm and a quick recap of a couple of others, wanted Kompany to replace Carra the season UEA FC signed him BEFORE the billionaire takeover, wanted Virgil from Celtic when Rodgers bought Lovren.

There are a lot of thought experiments here every single day, that's what forums and opinions are all about, I've always backed and rated Hendo, since he came to the club in 2011, most other people didn't rate him and persistently slated him and were moving him on last summer even after his reintroduction to the side was the catalyst for our end of season run that culminated in our winning the Champions League. Whereas I, and I was pretty much alone in this, insisted that Hendo would be absolutely vital to everything we wanted to achieve and an integral player, so excuse me for generally being an excellent judge of players and what's required for players to contribute to our side functioning at it's best

I don't expect a lot of people to get it, as there are an awful lot of people here and alleged professional pundits and even some of our former greats who really don't understand our system and the intricacies of it and the entirety of what's involved in how good we have been. There are equally a lot of people who think football is Championship manager and don't understand balance, steak and sizzle and that loading a team with a lot of attacking players with very similar qualities isn't a winning formula

I genuinely find things like that a bit sad to be honest Taskin, it's delving into Red4Life territory of finding one thing up that someone posted 11 years ago, tad pathetic if you ask me, I'm not sat here pointing in the direction of the clown who started a genuine 'How long has Klopp got' thread in 2017-2018

Oh and Coutniho Fabian Ruiz would offer us far more as a team than Coutinho ever did or ever could, he bring about a further evolutionary step whereas Countinho would be a huge step backwards and create an area of vulnerability where we don't currently have one

Also, I don't know what you think the data analytics process entails, I've got a very good idea of what they entail and that's how I look at all players now, very differently to how I looked at players 11 years ago and how everyone else did and I am very sure that our data analytics will be geared specifically on what players in various positions do that's relevant to what Jurgen requires them to do in our system and be very different from a lot of other clubs
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th February 2020 at 09:39 PM.

Or maybe here, when I call pretty much every single thing that has transpired this season and why, but yeah, I know fuck all about players or the game and don't understand it very well at all, unlike all the captain hindsight's

http://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?262252-Man-City-Top-4-Battle-Team-Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He’s definitely coming though, kidda. You’re sticking to the facts

Fact, as Rafa might say
    I dislike the use of the word fact, as it's a bit inappropriate, Rafa had facts iirc.

98.7% certain/probable.

The increased room for error is down to 2 things. My agreeableness in entertaining others opinions and the widespread desperation of so many top footballers to get a chance here.
    This might lead to us using our force on PSG to get a great deal. With the threat of signing him for peanuts/millions in 2021 or the next January on a free entirely. I'm confident Edward's can make them an offer they cant refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I dislike the use of the word fact, as it's a bit inappropriate, Rafa had facts iirc.

98.7% certain/probable.

The increased room for error is down to 2 things. My agreeableness in entertaining others opinions and the widespread desperation of so many top footballers to get a chance here.
    This might lead to us using our force on PSG to get a great deal. With the threat of signing him for peanuts/millions in 2021 or the next January on a free entirely. I'm confident Edward's can make them an offer they cant refuse.
    Horses head in the bed?