Page 47 of 659 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253545797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

You forgot about Harry Wilson, I can't see him staying though, he'll probably be sold, I want grujic to get a chance, but he'll probably be sold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You forgot about Harry Wilson, I can't see him staying though, he'll probably be sold, I want grujic to get a chance, but he'll probably be sold too.
    Didn't forget as such - he's 23 already and I don't think he quite has "enough" and I (personally) have him filed under the "take the money" bracket. Would wish him well, but in a non-Covid environment we probably get £15m for him and that's a third of a £45m player.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Didn't forget as such - he's 23 already and I don't think he quite has "enough" and I (personally) have him filed under the "take the money" bracket. Would wish him well, but in a non-Covid environment we probably get £15m for him and that's a third of a £45m player.
    Grujic is 24, so he's the same i guess.

Some German team will probably be willing to fork up some cash. He's apparently done well on loan.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Some German team will probably be willing to fork up some cash. He's apparently done well on loan.
    if it was down to me i'd use him as a squad option, sure different player to lallana but can fill his space.

Keita and Ox in the driving forward department, even henderson/fabinho/wij can if really needed.

Yeah quite possibly - although his alleged improvement, combined with his height (boost to winning possession from goal-kicks, boost to defence/attack respectively on corners) might see him get a chance with us yet, though I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I've watched a few games
    He is strong and a good player
    In our system the cdm 6.
    But just cannot see him getting regular game time at Liverpool.
    Fabinho and Henderson or Wijnaldum as a no6

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Abso-friggin-lutely.

It's easy to overlook Clyne because we have evolved beyond him, but it's worth remembering that we wouldn't have gotten to where we are without getting ourselves back into the Champion's League.

That required a 4th-placed finish and we got it done - getting just one more point than 5th-placed Arsenal - by bagging ourselves 76 points in the 16/17 season.

Clyne made 37 Premier League appearances in the 16/17 season. He was a vital component to that defence and got more starts in our side than anybody. He may not be a Mane/Salah/Firmino figure, but he played a part in getting us to where we are and deserves not to be completely forgotten.

As for the 20/21 season and our upcoming transfer window, it will be interesting to see what lies ahead. But in terms of "recruiting from within" Klopp will have to run the rule over a few options (he'll likely already know his opinion on players anyway) prior to us making moves.

We have four names that are younger players who might be able to contribute next season - not necessarily in a massive way, but they'll be able to fill little gaps here and there:

Williams, Elliott, Jones and Brewster.

Then we have to consider the senior players who either haven't had the time to settle, or still have more to give us - and that's Keita and Minamino, from whom I think we'll see much more yet.

Lastly, Grujic is the forgotten man that is still on our books.

I'm not suggesting we'll have all seven of those players come into the fold and be massive for us, but we have 7 options there going forward, whether they contribute in bits, become genuine first-teamers (Keita?) or are sold to help fund transfers in future.

In terms of improving the team on a tight budget, it might have to be a player+cash type deal, which generally are media baloney more often than not - Origi+cash for Traore probably wouldn't tempt Wolves very much, but that's one I'd be looking at trying.
    You would imagine
    Elliott Jones Williams Brewster all getting closer to the first team in 2 years.

Wilson
    Grujic
    Origi
    Lovren
    Shaqiri

Borderline new adventures.

In the u18s / u23s there will be changes.
    I see 7 players will be leaving

Then you have the over less known loanees.

Maybe the surprise could be Nat Phillips.

Hopefully there is some truth to the Adama Traore rumblings.

Jurgen Klopp has admitted he thinks Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho would look 'very good' in a Liverpool shirt.

The manager, who recently guided the Reds to an historic first title in 30 years, has had his say on the England international.

Sancho has of course been repeatedly linked with a move to Liverpool, and Klopp has said he doesn't think a transfer will happen this summer.

Speaking at a live event with Bild Sport, the Premier League winning boss admitted: "A red jersey would look very good on Jadon Sancho.

But don’t get too carried away coz he also said ...

“ "But I don't think such a transfer will take place this summer.
    He is a very interesting player. If he moved to Liverpool, I would be the most surprised of all."

Ok so not this year but if he stays at Dortmund for one more season ??? Maybe...