Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Minor muscle injuries are very hard to see on a scan. Not saying Keita has exaggerated his injuries the last 3 years or. But he reminds me of children that don't want to go school so they suddenly have a stomach ache.. Like Rodney trotter who had a belly ache and was egg bound (thanks to uncle Albert)
    I just get the feeling with Keita hes not up to the pressure of playing for a really top club and having to preform under great scrutiny.
    As for someone buying him,there will always be offers. But we tend to value players at a certain price in Keita case he may go unsold and his contract will run down..
    Wonder if he has a performance related pay deal.
    Doubt it, but if say he was to have such a deal would it help him get off the treatment bed more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe we're signing mbappe after all! He'd fit right in here for most of last season, come and join the clinical Liverpool!
    In the unlikely event that he joins and people still refer to Klopp's sides as playing "heavy metal" football, then I very much hope we develop an appropriate chant for Mbappe - "Kylian in the name of..."

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In the unlikely event that he joins and people still refer to Klopp's sides as playing "heavy metal" football, then I very much hope we develop an appropriate chant for Mbappe - "Kylian in the name of..."
    The rumours persist Sid.
    I worry if he joins then surely Mo goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sewn more than enough footage of pre Virgil games in which Matip's undoubted quality is evident in abundance, the only one out of the entire back four pre Virgil who can defend and who was defending for the other 2 or 3 as well as trying to cover his own area in a great many of his performances
    Agreed - but we have to factor in the fact that it is only compared to what we had. Behind Virgil we haven’t added anything. It’s all on him. Matip is never fit - if we are now relying on a France under 21 from the Bundesliga - with a poor fitness record himself - it’s still a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed - but we have to factor in the fact that it is only compared to what we had. Behind Virgil we haven’t added anything. It’s all on him. Matip is never fit - if we are now relying on a France under 21 from the Bundesliga - with a poor fitness record himself - it’s still a worry.
    I'm really hoping Jurgen learns from his errors of previous seasons and tries to keep Konate and Matip both fully match fit by giving them both minutes and using them in a way through which they are less likely to break down or get a tweak, not too many consecutive games or too many games over a short period of time.

Both are top quality CBs who have all the skills and attributes to play exactly as Jurgen wants our CBs to play, so as long as he keeps them both match fit, bringing one in for the other shouldn't effect how the team plays and if he can manage that, say both playing 25 games each without breaking down or picking up any niggles, maybe it well help the well documented long term niggle history of both
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm really hoping Jurgen learns from his errors of previous seasons and tries to keep Konate and Matip both fully match fit by giving them both minutes and using them in a way through which they are less likely to break down or get a tweak, not too many consecutive games or too many games over a short period of time.

Both are top quality CBs who have all the skills and attributes to play exactly as Jurgen wants our CBs to play, so as long as he keeps them both match fit, bringing one in for the other shouldn't effect how the team plays and if he can manage that, say both playing 25 games each without breaking down or picking up any niggles, maybe it well help the well documented long term niggle history of both
    Maybe need a different physio(s)

Otavio links are interesting, looks very good and a very Jurgen's Liverpool type forward
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Wonder if he has a performance related pay deal.
    Doubt it, but if say he was to have such a deal would it help him get off the treatment bed more often?
    A gigantic woman with huge hands for a masseur would get him off the treatment table much quicker
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

"Klopp has to learn from mistakes over the last few years"
    Thats a tag arrogant? no wait its coming from Nineneex. so yes its understandable

We have finished second on 96 points, won the league on 99 points and came 3rd last season..
    I think not many mistakes made there??

Speaking of Klopp hes been to Wembley today