Thread: Summer transfer thread

Like ive mentioned several times. The debt belongs to the club. It doesn't belong to the owners.. Obviously that sound a daft statement. But simply put. the club pays for all its own financial issues. once the club gets the revenue and becomes rich on its own accord all that money belongs to the owners. But the debt does not. thats why it appears we can't go out and spend huge amounts of money.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I would rather play 40 years old Gerrard than 25 years old Joe Allan any day, any match, any time, without a doubt.

Why u guys keep comparing a LEGEND with an average Championship player????????

can not believe it ?!??! is this LFC standard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    I would rather play 40 years old Gerrard than 25 years old Joe Allan any day, any match, any time, without a doubt.

He was the Welsh Xavi Joetan…why you dissing him 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is just it, isn't it. The contrast between how we do business and how a club like United does business is chalk and cheese. They're very flamboyant/extravagant/careless/short-term when it comes to utilising their finances and we are very shrewd/risk-averse/cautious - possibly to a fault at times, I don't mind people querying it at all.

Wage precedents, wage structures, amortisation and all that are undeniably a bit dull.

Setting aside the fact that the money in football has reached obscene levels and the greed is killing the game, the more that fees and wages are inflated, then the more pressure there is on the finances in general. In turn, the less the club has for infrastructure and other club investments, and thus the higher chance of fans being hit in the pocket through further rises in ticket prices.

We've been able to invest, but have been able to do so due to being "sensible" - much as we want the star name signing and so on. Money invested in players was funded by recouping as much as we could from sales - Coutinho being one of the most obvious examples - though we can do back to Torres+Babel when looking at Suarez+Carroll and so on. Funds that have been invested have also been available due to a relative lack of mercenaries bleeding the club dry.

Man United for example have De Gea is on £350k per week, several more players on £250-300k per week, have got themselves into enormous club debt, and their stadium is falling apart - give yourself 5-10 minutes on Google to see the absolute state of the place - fixing it will require huge financial outlay. Meanwhile we have (overall) a fairly lean squad, with very few players you'd file under the "stealing a living" or "vastly over-paid" category and Anfield continues to be redeveloped/expanded/modernised within a sensible business structure.

I'd love to see a little more financial leniency when it comes to transfers so we can continue to challenge for the biggest honours - but we're still improving - Jota, Thiago and Konate have all arrived in the last 12 or so months and will contribute (attack, midfield, defence) and we'll continue to develop youth/find under-valued players and Klopp will get the most out of the tools at his disposal.

We'll be alright.
    Another excellent and balanced post Sid.

I am obviously more prone to want us to spend that extra wedge - especially so at crucial times but I agree with much of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post

Who are those 'u guys' you mention?
    Can't think of any but if there are so many please name a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Another excellent and balanced post Sid.

I am obviously more prone to want us to spend that extra wedge - especially so at crucial times but I agree with much of this.
    I also think if they offload at least De gea ön a free and perhaps Martial they are balanced.

Has Edwards signed Barella up yet or what?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes

Oh sorry that’s no, I meant no

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Has Edwards signed Barella up yet or what?
    Now that would be a boss signing.

Italian/ex Serie A midfielders and the Premier league go together like shit in a sandwich.