Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think we rejected a £4m bid for Awoniyi from West Brom, with us said to be holding out for £8m.

If we do get that £8m for a player most of our fans haven't heard of and can use it to "top up" a bid for a player we really want, it would be good.

These days figures like £8m get scoffed at, but that's most of Salah's annual salary, so every little bit helps.
    That's the concern I have regarding player sales. Are we going to price ourselves out by being greedy?
    Just because we've had good money for average or nothing players in the past doesn't mean that will continue. Seems crazy to be asking that for him.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's the concern I have regarding player sales. Are we going to price ourselves out by being greedy?
    Just because we've had good money for average or nothing players in the past doesn't mean that will continue. Seems crazy to be asking that for him.
    Given his relative lack of importance to us in terms of the pecking order, plus the Pandemic, I imagine we end up entertaining "compromise" bids of £6m or so.

When you've accrued roughly £57m for Ibe, Solanke and Brewster though, it's understandable why you might stick to your guns.

Saying that, I think most of us would have "settled" a bit with the Wilson/Grujic bids so that we could have bought another player last Summer.

It's a balancing act and we won't always get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Did he?
    Yep

https://www.google.com/search?q=rafa...kji4iN8mVr6iKM
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Never knew that before.

I wouldn't buy Coutinho back here.

A loan deal with Barca paying 50% or more of his wages I'd be very tempted to do, for comedy value alone.

We have so many that can do this..

I’d have him back I think

Apparently they're trying to offlosd Pjanic for next to nothing. 60m less than a year ago.
    Barcas transfer dealings over the last few years will never be surpassed in terms of how disastrous they have been.

Especially so when you consider they got £200 million for Neymar.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Apparently they're trying to offlosd Pjanic for next to nothing. 60m less than a year ago.
    Barcas transfer dealings over the last few years will never be surpassed in terms of how disastrous they have been.
    Indeed - they're an absolute mess.