Thread: Summer transfer thread

To be honest, if that highlights reel was someone else that we were thinking of bringing in, rather than Coutinho, we would all be salivating at the prospect of signing such a player.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’d have him back I think
    No thinking for me. I’d have him back. Not sure where he’d play mind you, but for next to nothing money?

Also heard Samuel Umtiti and Pjanic were rumoured to be coming over to Anfield. Could be bollocks, I’m no Jasper Carrot

There”ll be no Pjanic buying at Anfield.

Pass it over will you mate, brown leather on the end hook…

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    No thinking for me. I’d have him back. Not sure where he’d play mind you, but for next to nothing money?

Also heard Samuel Umtiti and Pjanic were rumoured to be coming over to Anfield. Could be bollocks, I’m no Jasper Carrot
    Depends how broken he is. If he can get anywhere to where he was when we sold him then it's a no brainer for me.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There”ll be no Pjanic buying at Anfield.

I think there will be mané signings still to come

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’d have him back I think
    If we were to go back for players, I'd consider Ings over Coutinho.

Homegrown and has 46 goals from 100 appearances for Southampton.

Worth bearing in mind that we included a 20% sell-on clause in his sale, so we can probably negotiate the price down should we be interested in making a genuine bid. If Southampton wanted (for talk's sake) £25m for him from Spurs/City/whoever (knowing we get £5m of that) then they'd surely listen to a £20m offer from us.

Can see why Jurgen is a long term admirer of Chiesa, the lad's quality, happy and devastating at LFWD and FRWD too and works his bollocks off
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

just came on to post about Chiesa, what a player, long term mane replacement?

By then he'll probably cost 100m tho
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th July 2021 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If we were to go back for players, I'd consider Ings over Coutinho.

Homegrown and has 46 goals from 100 appearances for Southampton.

Worth bearing in mind that we included a 20% sell-on clause in his sale, so we can probably negotiate the price down should we be interested in making a genuine bid. If Southampton wanted (for talk's sake) £25m for him from Spurs/City/whoever (knowing we get £5m of that) then they'd surely listen to a £20m offer from us.
    I wouldnt have Coutinho back at all myself. Not sure how anyone could justify the club taking him back.

Ings could be interesting but I think we'd be looking to the future and younger options.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I wouldnt have Coutinho back at all myself. Not sure how anyone could justify the club taking him back.

Ings could be interesting but I think we'd be looking to the future and younger options.
    If he brings the club ongoing success, it’s justification enough.

As soon as Ings touches the Anfield Turf he’d get injured. Shouldn’t have sold him in the first place if you ask me. Actually liked watching him play for us