Page 56 of 659 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    We need three players to bring in serious competition for places.
    Would be very surprised if players come in this window. The financial situation with Covid-19 has been discussed thoroughly.

We might purchase in the January 2021 window if the financial climate settles.

We will always be in the market for.

But let's get the right quality than quantity.

We all know this team is at a peak.
    28yo to 30yo probably 60% of the team.

Firmino Mane Salah Henderson VVD Gini .

But let's not pull it apart too quickly.

Let's face it if we bring someone in they will need to be as good to displace them.

And there arent too many who can do that.

Klopp has since day 1 had a plan.

Now we have the luxury of planning with calm.
    First XI
    Bench
    U23
    Youth u18

All strong.

The new training facilities.
    Good results

We are the healthiest I have seen in 32 years since 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Would be very surprised if players come in this window. The financial situation with Covid-19 has been discussed thoroughly.

We might purchase in the January 2021 window if the financial climate settles.
    Replied to CD in the matchthread... wondering how much its been discussed and detail.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Add up the clubs profits from the klopp era seasons to date.
    That is money in the bank.

The players have taken an agreed pay cut of sorts, ive no specific details on that but they are the big cost in terms of wages. Carra said they did.

If the no fans theme continues much longer the game will die imo, its not the same game without them.
    Given the death rate and the general nature of those whove passed away it might mean over 65s or those with preexisting conditions give up their season tickets and give them to their kids/grankids. It might bring about an end to away/travelling fans.
    But imo gate receipts will return in the near future.

I personally along with 19x at least agreed with the club applying for the furlough payment. The corporate tax etc theyve generated meant they were entitled to take a little from the great amount of economic activity and plethora of taxes they generated.
    Both it and the lack of matchday revenue will have come at a cost. But money in the bank is greater.

I think they applied for it as they qualified via their contributions. Personally i thought it was weak willed bowing to social pressure.

Tv revenue will not have been missed only delayed as the season has resumed and next season is set to commence.
    Ballsing up the cl this year will have cost us, but we dont have to make the final or win it every year to be able to spend.

I expect fans will be back next season and if not, we have our nike deal, whic off expert expectations would add 40-50 mill a season extra.
    That extra money comes close to our total gate receipts from the 17/18 season of £81mill and 18/19 £84mill.

So if the no fans theme continues... our net loss of revenue could be at most about £40-45 mill a season thanks to the nike deal.

The last player who we brought in to start was Ali.

I disagree about our bench being strong, maybe in midfield options, other areas is worse than other clubs. imo

Can you see anyone on that bench that can change a game?, I honestly can't.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd July 2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I disagree about our bench being strong, maybe in midfield options, other areas is worse than other clubs. imo

Can you see anyone on that bench that can change a game?, I honestly can't.
    It changed games a few times last season and this season.

The level is so high in the starting xi

Tbh today's XI was so obvious.

When you are the players on the periphery it is hard to believe you will win a place and nudge out the "first team"

When it is going right then all is good.

When losing ( v City v watford) you look at the bench to change the game.

I expect everyone would like a bench with ;

Mbappe
    Werner
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Fernandes

That bench will cost you £500m to change in effect 2 games this league season.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The level is so high in the starting xi

Tbh today's XI was so obvious.

When you are the players on the periphery it is hard to believe you will win a place and nudge out the "first team"

When it is going right then all is good.

When losing ( v City v watford) you look at the bench to change the game.

I expect everyone would like a bench with ;

Mbappe
    Werner
    Sane
    Mahrez
    Fernandes

That bench will cost you £500m to change in effect 2 games this league season.
    There are a few good younger players coming through.

A few more first team quality options and we can compete more seriously in all comps and rest players/cover injuries.

Werner, Sane and Bruno just joined new clubs.
    Guess we'll go for Mbappe.

They don't have to be top players though, like city have on bench, look at wolves they can bring on some very good attackers that changes things, especially 70th min onwards.. there's a few other examples, even UTD, Chelsea...and more

We bring on Adam Lallana..

And yes origi has been a hero for us, but I think deep down we all know, he's not the answer, there's a reason he did so bad on loan to the point he didn't start, he's not that good, there I said it, and we'd struggle with a long term firmino injury.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd July 2020 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    They don't have to be top players though, like city have on bench, look at wolves they can bring on some very good attackers that changes things, especially 70th min onwards.. there's a few other examples, even UTD, Chelsea...and more

We bring on Adam Lallana..

And yes origi has been a hero for us, but I think deep down we all know, he's not the answer, there's a reason he did so bad on loan to the point he didn't start, he's not that good, there I said it, and we'd struggle with a long term firmino injury.
    Neto and Traoré
    Good talent