Page 59 of 659 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    One of the things that happens with success - better to be linked with them than not!
    I dislike it because they are using us as a cash cow to get more money . Timo Werner agent is apparently getting 10 million. that's daylight robbery
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Could see Traore being a great impact sub for us next season a la Rosenthal 1990. Don't think many defenders would like seeing him coming on with 20 or so minutes to go. After next season and with Klopp's help to develop his skill maybe he would be due a starting place.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dislike it because they are using us as a cash cow to get more money . Timo Werner agent is apparently getting 10 million. that's daylight robbery
    Given how much 'we' have spent on agents fees, 'we' aren't really in a position to say much about how much agents are getting. Personally I think who can become an agent and how much they can earn needs to be legislated on by the FA/UEFA/FIFA. Clubs are going to wall whilst there are some agents making tens of millions every year or two.

Personally I'd like to see us sign some cover for the FB and attacking positions (i.e. players who can cover both sides/play in any of the front three positions), a good/consistent CB to play alongside VVD whilst the likes of Gomez hopefully eradicates the errors from his game/Hoever steps up a level, an out an out DM for when we play against teams that can bypass our backline/get at our defence, and possibly a midfielder with some guile and goals in his boots, though that is the least of the priorities, more so should Keita start showing more of his pre signing form.

Also a 'decent'/not error prone back up goalie also wouldn't go amiss.

As it stands however I can't see more than one or two players coming in, and I expect them to be 'value' players.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Could see Traore being a great impact sub for us next season a la Rosenthal 1990. Don't think many defenders would like seeing him coming on with 20 or so minutes to go. After next season and with Klopp's help to develop his skill maybe he would be due a starting place.
    I think Traore would go for more than Werner or around that mark. Personally dont see it happening if FSG put the block on the Werner signing. Theres also the issue of Traore making a move to be a sub again, surely he'll want to be a starter wherever he goes if he moves.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think Traore would go for more than Werner or around that mark. Personally dont see it happening if FSG put the block on the Werner signing. Theres also the issue of Traore making a move to be a sub again, surely he'll want to be a starter wherever he goes if he moves.
    Maybe the chance of more money and champions League football and trophies would compensate. I remember how Klopp was so impressed with him when we played Wolves - I think he described him as unplayable in his post match interview.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    A few stories about a move for Thiago Alcantara being close. I don't think a midfielder is a high priority compared to depth up front and lb/cb
    Is he 29yo ?

Liverpool want players like Werner.
    22yo - 24yo with a 5 year contract and resale value.

Making as quote our new supporter Gary Nev ; turning £30m players into £100m+ players.

At the moment though tbh the players we will bring in must realise they are on the bench .

Only Mbappe , maybe a midfielder, or a CB will improve the team.

That's why Werner didn't come, and the £250k a week probably.
    (Another reason why Mbappe won't be coming either)

I don't think anyone can afford the transfer fee for Mbappe which will allow us to sign him on a free transfer in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    There are a few good younger players coming through.

A few more first team quality options and we can compete more seriously in all comps and rest players/cover injuries.

Werner, Sane and Bruno just joined new clubs.
    Guess we'll go for Mbappe.
    Haha
    You thought you could just slip that in and get away with it .

(That's what she said)
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Haha
    You thought you could just slip that in and get away with it .

(That's what she said)
    Mahrez is older than each of our current front 3 and hes an afcon issue, albeit thats been deffered. So hes ruled out too.
    Leaving only one option !