Page 60 of 659 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110160560 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mahrez is older than each of our current front 3 and hes an afcon issue, albeit thats been deffered. So hes ruled out too.
    Leaving only one option !
    City have their own problems

Fernandinho 34 yo (stones otamendi are awful)
    They need 5 centre backs

Kun 32yo
    Silva - ciao

They haven't replaced kompany

Mahrez and kdb 29yo

If we listen to everyone our front 3 all aged 28yo are over the hill and need as they say "upgrade"

So where are City?
    With an ageing squad
    Need upgrades?

They lost one of their best players in Sane.

A mess. Haha lol

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I don't think anyone can afford the transfer fee for Mbappe which will allow us to sign him on a free transfer in 2 years
    CCTV is giving the funds to pay mbappe salary

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    City have their own problems

Fernandinho 34 yo (stones otamendi are awful)
    They need 5 centre backs

Kun 32yo
    Silva - ciao

They haven't replaced kompany

Mahrez and kdb 29yo

If we listen to everyone our front 3 all aged 28yo are over the hill and need as they say "upgrade"

So where are City?
    With an ageing squad
    Need upgrades?

They lost one of their best players in Sane.

A mess. Haha lol
    Ageing squad and a cl ban up the wazoo too, no less

All 3 of our front 3 dont need upgrading, given their cost we could retire them here really maybe a last payday elsewhere perhaps, but they could do with some assistance, a young apprentice perhaps.
    In a city far far away.... a young frenchman needs liberating !!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    CCTV is giving the funds to pay mbappe salary
    Ill buy my Mbappe shirt #7, so long as Milner relinquishes his grasp on the iconic no7.

Ageing squad and a cl ban up the wazoo too, no less
    The main down-side I can see with their Champion's League ban (if their appeal fails and they aren't in it for 20/21 and 20/22) is how much more they will be able to focus on League games in terms of rest, rotation, freshness - like ourselves in 13/14 under Rodgers.

Not impossible at all to envisage them getting 10 points more than this season (lost 8 games haven't they? I'm sure they can reduce that) whilst we get 10 less (no disgrace as we'll have had two 90+ seasons on the bounce) given the physical and mental difficulties of sustaining what has been a ridiculous level.

Pep won't be there forever though and it's hard to imagine someone else coming in and doing better than Pep in terms of points totals in the League. Would love us to reach 21 League titles and 7 European Cups before Klopp's contract is up and I truly believe it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The main down-side I can see with their Champion's League ban (if their appeal fails and they aren't in it for 20/21 and 20/22) is how much more they will be able to focus on League games in terms of rest, rotation, freshness - like ourselves in 13/14 under Rodgers.

Not impossible at all to envisage them getting 10 points more than this season (lost 8 games haven't they? I'm sure they can reduce that) whilst we get 10 less (no disgrace as we'll have had two 90+ seasons on the bounce) given the physical and mental difficulties of sustaining what has been a ridiculous level.

Pep won't be there forever though and it's hard to imagine someone else coming in and doing better than Pep in terms of points totals in the League. Would love us to reach 21 League titles and 7 European Cups before Klopp's contract is up and I truly believe it's possible.
    They arent really a comparable side to our 13/14 side, though i get your point of that advantage.
    They have a really big expensive squad and are used to playing all the time. Might be some wantaways if they dont have cl football for a year or 2.
    Be interesting to see what happens with them, 1 or 2 year ban or the death of FFP, comings and goings.

Agree, 2 years of exceptional points gobbling in the pl cant be demanded and met all the time. Guess we'll have to see what happens with ourselves too with transfers. Should be in contention to retain our title though and have another crack at the cl.

Think klopp will have more stamina than pep and is in a really good position to push on for more titles. Clubs in a really good position.

Ill buy my Mbappe shirt #7, so long as Milner relinquishes his grasp on the iconic no7.
    For that whippersnapper?! Pffft. Mbappe will wear whatever Millie tells him to wear and he'll like it!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    For that whippersnapper?! Pffft. Mbappe will wear whatever Millie tells him to wear and he'll like it!
    Milner hasnt been providing enough goals/assists for a no7 in a great liverpool side.
    Imo he'll relinquish it to be sound

It's not about the stats CC, it's about sending a message!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I just watched the DFB Pokal German cup final. Wanted to have a good look at Kai Havertz, best player for Leverkusen on the day. Started as a number 9, moved to number 10, can play multiple positions. Scored a brilliant left foot penalty right into the top left corner. Watched him alot this season, definitely a Klopp type player. Now i dont think for one minute were going to stump up the money for him. I will be gutted and worried if he ends up at one of our rivals. He's 21 years old, 6ft 2" tall, played 118 senior games, 45 goals,
    7 German international appearances. He will become a top,top player, thats for sure. FSG PRETTY PLEASE.