Page 61 of 659 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Wasn't he a shoe-in for Chelsea?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Wasn't he a shoe-in for Chelsea?
    Leverkusen will get a bidding war going. His fee will be 60 million plus.

I personally would hate to see him go, but I wonder if we might see the end of Milner's time at the Club if Leeds are promoted, now that the Premier League and Champion's League are in the bag.

Get me Ruiz, Soumare and a CB as Gomez is too naive and Matip has recurring injury problems and Lovren simply isn't good enough and has managed to claim Phil Jones mantle as the worst CB to ever land a Premier League winners medal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wow what more crap from you?Gomez as been outstanding for most of his time along side VDD.Most defenders struggle against the movement of man-city in the final 3rd. Its why they have scored 100s of goals in the last 2/3 seasons.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Wow what more crap from you?Gomez as been outstanding for most of his time along side VDD.Most defenders struggle against the movement of man-city in the final 3rd. Its why they have scored 100s of goals in the last 2/3 seasons.
    Gomez is overrated, Matip is miles better than Gomez because Gomez is incredibly naive and when you look at the number of games played sorely lacks the necessary experience, sure he's good enough and has a great record playing in a team in which the collective press and hard work from all the midfielders, forwards and the full backs is so good it largely restricts the opposition to trying to play balls over the top and his pace is a strong attribute for that, but put him in a Champions League game or Premier League game against top opposition who are going to have a lot more of the ball, who are going to isolate very good players one v one against him, and he is woefully inadequate
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez has potential but he is still a tad too error prone and inconsistent. If he can improve on both those areas he could be the long term partner in our defence alongside VVD,

Thought Gomez was good today, we need a Lovren replacement which shouldn't be hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Thought Gomez was good today, we need a Lovren replacement which shouldn't be hard!
    I rate Mings he would be an upgrade on Lovren. But most possible signings they want to play in the 11 most weeks.. That what some contributers on here don't understand when we go out for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Gomez is overrated, Matip is miles better than Gomez because Gomez is incredibly naive and when you look at the number of games played sorely lacks the necessary experience, sure he's good enough and has a great record playing in a team in which the collective press and hard work from all the midfielders, forwards and the full backs is so good it largely restricts the opposition to trying to play balls over the top and his pace is a strong attribute for that, but put him in a Champions League game or Premier League game against top opposition who are going to have a lot more of the ball, who are going to isolate very good players one v one against him, and he is woefully inadequate
    Gomez is overrated? ok moving on no more to be said on that matter