Page 632 of 659 FirstFirst ... 132532582622625626627628629630631632633634635636637638639642 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    How much would Silva cost I wonder?
    Desperate to leave city now and can play on the wings but is even better in the middle in the coutinho role.
    Wouldn’t have that slime anywhere near Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Would only sell him if we bring someone in
    Well, we would likely want to - but we have fully used our non-homegrown quota, so we do "have" to sell first (technically could not register a player but that is a waste of resources, but you get what I mean).

I'd actually not be too bothered if Shaqiri was sold and not immediately replaced as I want to see Elliott getting minutes, but I understand why others would be unhappy with that. If we (hypothetical) sold Shaqiri AND one of Origi/Minamino and then still didn't bring someone in, I'd feel quite uncomfortable.

Reports on Twitter this morning suggesting that’s us done for summer spending. Smoke screen? Or is it a genuine possibility.

What the hell do you want Doc?

£36m we’ve spent.

Ok we’ve brought in more than that in sales but £36m

Thirty

Six

Million

Heady days indeed. I hope Klopp can integrate all the new players into the squad easily enough. A big influx of new blood into the squad like that can upset the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Is this for real?
    Are you taking the mickey or has this been confirmed/reported (much as it can be)?

As I said in another thread, he's probably the fella I feel the most for in this whole Mess(i saga).

You leave your solitary professional club to go to a dream club (for South American players) to play with your national team best mate, and before you know it, he's off to go to Paris.

Hopefully the ink in the contract isn't dry yet.

Like I always say,,....

Cheeky bid time.

He could still do the business in front of goal, even at his age/fitness level as a sporadic option.
    Shoot your shot, FSG.
    Aguero joined city from atletico I think. Agree about a cheeky bid

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Reports on Twitter this morning suggesting that’s us done for summer spending. Smoke screen? Or is it a genuine possibility.
    Genuine possibility. We need to sell to free up a couple of non-homegrown spaces and buyers aren't forming a huge queue. Jota and Thiago were both late buys if memory serves, so you never know.

We've a really good squad anyway to be fair. From the side that got us 97+99 points our only "big" loss really is Wijnaldum and we have since added Thiago, Jota, Tsimikas and Konate while players like Jones have developed further.

We can have concerns about what our rivals are doing and that's not entirely illogical, but I don't actually think we need to add that much to improve and to improve the first XI in particular would be really difficult as we have some of the world's very best players. Will be interesting to see how the boys do in front of fans, with a less congested schedule and (hopefully) less players getting Covid or (hopefully) being assaulted on the pitch.

Well argued Sid.

Still think we’re lacking something mind.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What the hell do you want Doc?

£36m we’ve spent.

Ok we’ve brought in more than that in sales but £36m

Thirty

Six

Million

Heady days indeed. I hope Klopp can integrate all the new players into the squad easily enough. A big influx of new blood into the squad like that can upset the balance.
    Does it feel like you're standing still while everyone around you is running down the platform to get the first class seats?

The money spent on the centre back is only what we should have spent to replace lovren...

I know all the business is kept in house nowadays ...but there aren't even any rumours.
    Im worried about top 4

I’m not too worried about top four. We were absolutely terrible for large spells last season, particularly at Anfield yet still finished third.
    Can’t see us winning anything is my issue. Klopp quite rightly targets the League and the Champions League and I just don’t think we’re strong enough in midfield and forward support to win either of those.
    While the squad is nowhere near deep enough to win the domestic cups.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I’m not too worried about top four. We were absolutely terrible for large spells last season, particularly at Anfield yet still finished third.
    Can’t see us winning anything is my issue. Klopp quite rightly targets the League and the Champions League and I just don’t think we’re strong enough in midfield and forward support to win either of those.
    While the squad is nowhere near deep enough to win the domestic cups.
    I think defence and attack are capable. very worried if we don’t sign at least 1 midfield player. We’d need a lot of luck injury wise to keep fielding a strong midfield I think.