Page 633 of 659 FirstFirst ... 133533583623626627628629630631632633634635636637638639640643 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What the hell do you want Doc?

£36m we’ve spent.

Ok we’ve brought in more than that in sales but £36m

Thirty

Six

Million

Heady days indeed. I hope Klopp can integrate all the new players into the squad easily enough. A big influx of new blood into the squad like that can upset the balance.
    I’m a greedy fuck Miller.

Realistically, a forward to push Firmino and a midfielder to come on and bash the bus parkers with inch perfect passing.

What we’ve lacked in the past, is a plan b when things aren’t going our way.

Well argued Sid.

Still think we’re lacking something mind.
    Don't get me wrong, whilst it's probably fair to say that I am more "content" than most with our current situation, part of me always wants more - I too would say "forward and a midfielder would be lovely" though Klopp is a bigger believer than, say, Rafa - in the idea of rhythm over rotation.

Little point bringing in someone for £40m or whatever to come on for the last 6 minutes of games. We have Jota to challenge the forward line and Ox/Keita seem to be getting another shot to challenge our stellar Henderson/Thiago/Fabinho/Jones quartet of regularly starting mids.

I think when Milner is leaving (end of the season it seems) and we've made up our mind on one of Ox/Keita plus know more about what we plan to do about Henderson, we're likely to see a midfielder come in - ie next Summer.

How well Firmino performs this season and what's happening with Origi/Minamino/Shaqiri will likely dictate moves for a forward as well.

I’m not too worried about top four. We were absolutely terrible for large spells last season, particularly at Anfield yet still finished third.
    Can’t see us winning anything is my issue.
    That’s probably what Arsenal fans used to think too.

Top 4 a given and let the CL money roll in.

You stand still, you get overtaken
    Last edited by LFC-DPG; 7th August 2021 at 12:32 PM.

Imagine not building on winning the league or champions league.

Pathetic....

let's hope the front 3.. don't play like last season, otherwise we're in for great times, (apart from salah well most of the time)

So much for needing to "freshen" things up eh

Still be amazed if we don't bring another midfielder in, we was a bit short last season, O.K fabinho had to play CB at times, but Wij was the only one that didn't get injured, and fabinho but even he picked up some knocks at CB

Jones isn't good enough, he's no foden, at the moment if we're serious about actually wanting to do well, Milner isn't going to make us win anything, Keita and ox, we're really going to have to hope they turn up and not injured all the time??

Even henderson picked up his injury's, and Thiago isn't the most naturally fit of players

Not happy, least we could do is get some good youngster.

By time FSG put some money into the club, we'll probably have the oldest midfield in the world, and attackers.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th August 2021 at 12:39 PM.

Didn’t say I was happy with too four. If you read the post it says I believe we will finish in the top four but I am concerned we aren’t strong enough to win anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Imagine not building on winning the league or champions league.

Pathetic....

let's hope the front 3.. don't play like last season, otherwise we're in for great times, (apart from salah well most of the time)

So much for needing to "freshen" things up eh

Still be amazed if we don't bring another midfielder in, we was a bit short last season, O.K fabinho had to play CB at times, but Wij was the only one that didn't get injured, and fabinho but even he picked up some knocks at CB

Jones isn't good enough, he's no foden, at the moment if we're serious about actually wanting to do well, Milner isn't going to make us win anything, Keita and ox, we're really going to have to hope they turn up and not injured all the time??

Even henderson picked up his injury's, and Thiago isn't the most naturally fit of players

Not happy, least we could do is get some good youngster.

By time FSG put some money into the club, we'll probably have the oldest midfield in the world, and attackers.
    Still waiting for super league I bet before more heavy investment

I think Henderson and Thiago are in a similar place with niggling injuries affecting their availability after a hard career at the top of the game.
    If Thiago was brought in to replace Wij, then I think it’s a poor transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Still waiting for super league I bet before more heavy investment
    Maybe that's why they're only spending money they make from players out, pretty sure they'll be in profit now actually now wij wages off the books too.

So they're trying to make fans want to support super league, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe that's why they're only spending money they make from players out, pretty sure they'll be in profit now actually now wij wages off the books too.

So they're trying to make fans want to support super league, or something along those lines.
    If city win 4 or 5 titles on the trot we’ll be begging for it.

The super league can work if done fairly.

More money to clubs less to UEFA what is not to like.

UEFA and Sky had hissy fits as they were the ones to lose out financially no other reason.

Its not like the CL is totally fair is it you get an English team in 4th straight in CL group stages but you win the league in Scotland/Belgium you have to qualify.

I understand our league is far stronger but UEFA were banging on about the little man which they dont care about.