Page 637 of 659 FirstFirst ... 137537587627630631632633634635636637638639640641642643644647 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well, we've just raised Alisson's weekly wage from about £90,000 per-week to £150,000 per-week.

Then we've also raised Trent's wage from about £40,000 per-week to an estimated £180,000 per-week*

Then we've also extended Fabinho's contract and have likely upped his wages of about £100,00 per-week to who-knows-what. For talk's sake we'll say £140,000 - just for the sake of example.

If (and it's a huge if) those figures are roughly right, then we're talking about an added £240,000 per-week being added onto the wage bill, just from those three renewals - with more due. That's equivalent to adding two £120,000 per-week players, if you like. People will (rightly) highlight that Wijnaldum came off the wage bill, but he was "only" (how the other half live!) on £75,000 per-week, so we are still talking about £165,000 per-week being added to the payroll, purely in the interest of keeping players. Then Konate is thought to have approximately £70,000 per-week as his basic wage as well, so we'll (guesstimation, admittedly) call that a £235,000 net increase on the wage bill. So that's another £12,220,000 we are "spending" this Summer, even though it isn't on transfer fees. It's not massive compared to what City/Chelsea/PSG are up to, but we shouldn't ignore it.

*This estimate comes from media comments about a "bracket" of players that Trent is now in, which included Firmino's name and the other names mentioned earn more, so I have gone with Firmino's. To be fair, I don't have a figure, so the estimate is subject to critique, which is absolutely fine*
    Trent has signed a contract, prior to this latest one, that raised his wages beyond 40 kpw. Iirc he was on 70 kpw and likely wont have seen his wages rise above the 140 kpw mark.

Kabak wasnt taken up, Konate takes his spot.

Gini was on 90kpw by reports I've read over the years.

Alisson was on 100kpw already, he and fabinho are good contract extensions.

Grujic, Wilson & Awoyini will have been on reasonable enough wages but they add up too.
    About 120kpw and surprisingly grujic the cheapest salary by a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    How many transfers have actually happened in this mega thread?
    They are waiting for page 700

(And some people are discouraging huyrob from posting more!! )

I agree with Sid in terms of what FSG do.

The last few seasons especially other clubs are seriously upping the ante and we arent going to be able to keep up.

This big six they keep going on about is going to be a big 2/3 soon at this rate.

Its one of the reasons FSG and a few others tried for ESL to keep up but fans didnt want that which was correct as it was a poor idea but I dont think its off the table yet.

Unless we get arab money we are not going to keep up its that simple.

Klopp has done a great job and is the best imo but if others can spend £100-200m net per summer he wont keep up.

Media say nothing they arent bothered as it creates clickbait for em.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree with Sid in terms of what FSG do.

The last few seasons especially other clubs are seriously upping the ante and we arent going to be able to keep up.

This big six they keep going on about is going to be a big 2/3 soon at this rate.

Its one of the reasons FSG and a few others tried for ESL to keep up but fans didnt want that which was correct as it was a poor idea but I dont think its off the table yet.

Unless we get arab money we are not going to keep up its that simple.

Klopp has done a great job and is the best imo but if others can spend £100-200m net per summer he wont keep up.

Media say nothing they arent bothered as it creates clickbait for em.
    Fifa upended the football calendar for the Qatar wc and back handers.

UEFA utterly failed with FFP and have had their own exposes regarding backhanders.

30-60 mill net spend a year on transfers is probably enough to be competitive.
    So much of the big net spending in football is down to daftness on those clubs part.

Problem is though CCTV £60M should be enough but the likes of Ward-Prowse are going to be £50m players soon !

£60m ?? So you agree the squad has been woefully underfunded since Klopp arrived then.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Problem is though CCTV £60M should be enough but the likes of Ward-Prowse are going to be £50m players soon !
    Yep - and it's the height of madness.

Meanwhile, one of the more sensible clubs (possibly even us?!?!) will keep some powder dry so that when a contractual situation comes up (akin to Thiago's) they can bolster the squad without dropping £80m or whatever on a player. Supplementing that strategy with a good academy and buying younger players before their value rockets.

Kimmich would be one to monitor in that regard.

Makes our achievements over the last 3 seasons even more incredible given the reported average £30m a season net spend compared to the rich clubs.

Can only see a successful season (winning the league/ champions league) if we don’t have a single injury.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Can only see a successful season (winning the league/ champions league) if we don’t have a single injury.
    The League would be a huge ask if we have a lot of injuries. City are still probably "the bar" and they got 86 points last season which they probably (?!?!) improve upon, though with a few teams strengthening, players needing to gel and perhaps an injury or two themselves, who knows.

The Champion's League, whilst not a "lottery" certainly has a bit more wiggle-room to it. I know Real Madrid got past us last season in Europe but I still feel if we were having a slightly less chaotic season we would have had every chance of beating them - and then who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Trent has signed a contract, prior to this latest one, that raised his wages beyond 40 kpw. Iirc he was on 70 kpw and likely wont have seen his wages rise above the 140 kpw mark.

Kabak wasnt taken up, Konate takes his spot.

Gini was on 90kpw by reports I've read over the years.

Alisson was on 100kpw already, he and fabinho are good contract extensions.

Grujic, Wilson & Awoyini will have been on reasonable enough wages but they add up too.
    About 120kpw and surprisingly grujic the cheapest salary by a bit.
    Thanks for this. Surprised Grujic was the cheapest (salary) of those three.

Well, weren't using them anyway - so no objections on my part.

PSG seemingly after Koulibaly. Can foresee another "Oil Final" in the Champion's League coming
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay