Page 68 of 659 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    And how did FSG describe it, was it more the £50mill or more the non-starter.
    They considered it "irresponsible" in the current climate and were not "in a position" to sanction 50m for a non starting player. Two things I have read.
    Seeing as Klopp wanted him theres no reason to not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Yep, makes me laugh when people say we should be going for Traore when he'd be significantly more than what Werner went for.

Thiago would want huge wages too so don't see that one happening either.
    I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
    It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
    I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
    It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
    I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.
    Would be an excellent addition and yes not going to be easy to displace Hendo at all.. Never thought I would be saying that in a million years a while back.

James Pearce said when talking about Thiago that if a player deemed as a 'game changer' (or something like that) became available like Thiago which Werner currently isn't (his words), then the club might make a move if the deal seemed too good to ignore.

We'll have to see how much 'irresponsible' signings there are during the window, my guess is there'll be quite a few.......just not by LFC.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Knowing how Klopp is, if he thought Thiago's best role was in Hendo's place I cant see him bringing him in. The dressing room must be buzzing now, doubt he'd want to disrupt that on the back of the captain's best season(s).
    I've seen the €30m quotes but also seen that Bayern would want more. Plus again he's at that age where this would be his last 'big' contract so would want a significant wage (no idea what he's on now).

Gini still stalling on a contract for whatever reason, maybe we're waiting to see what he does.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Gini still stalling on a contract for whatever reason, maybe we're waiting to see what he does.
    Could be assurances about game time. He plays for Holland and there is competition in our midfield as it is, with Jones breaking through as well. Also likely to be his last "big" contract so he will be hoping for a decent wedge.

He is the only important one really who is contracted until sooner than 2022. We have done really well (and yes, it has cost money) to hang onto our side - it doesn't take much for a side to weaken. Just look at City - they'll be losing goals/assists in the form of Leroy Sane in the 20/21 season, whereas we won't be.

Did Sane play this season?, they've scored more than us without him.

@dicko, loved your post about Luiz moving to Arsenal. Proper LOL moment 😂😂

James Pearce said when talking about Thiago that if a player deemed as a 'game changer' (or something like that) became available like Thiago which Werner currently isn't (his words), then the club might make a move if the deal seemed too good to ignore.

We'll have to see how much 'irresponsible' signings there are during the window, my guess is there'll be quite a few.......just not by LFC.
    Is Thiago really a game changer?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Is Thiago really a game changer?
    People seem to think so..

From Reddy in the Independent.....'He is undoubtedly world class and among the very best in his position. There are no asterisks over his quality'

.....though she does go on to say we're unlikely to sign him, but I doubt anyone has the that 'inside info' previous managers afforded to some journos.