Page 69 of 659 FirstFirst ... 195962636465666768697071727374757679119169569 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Suspect Alcantara signing happens if Wijnaldum doesn't commit to contract and doesn't happen if Gini does commit.

Not a bad shout Sid

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not a bad shout Sid
    Just what makes sense if you look at the age and positions of the respective players, but time will tell.

Apparently Fabian Mrozek has joined us. Young Polish keeper, one for the future that Tottenham had an interest in apparently. He is 16 and is 6' 3.

Hopefully Karius takes a hint.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just what makes sense if you look at the age and positions of the respective players, but time will tell.

Apparently Fabian Mrozek has joined us. Young Polish keeper, one for the future that Tottenham had an interest in apparently. He is 16 and is 6' 3.

Hopefully Karius takes a hint.
    He's the third young Polish goalkeeper we have in the books now, so much for a team of Scousers Jürgen 😉

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
    It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
    I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.
    neither was 50 mil .....age..quality ....desire to come ...etc.....I really cant seem to let it go..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    He's the third young Polish goalkeeper we have in the books now, so much for a team of Scousers Jürgen ��
    Can we buy them horses and angel wings and blast metal music as they ride into battle wielding giant lances?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

They considered it "irresponsible" in the current climate and were not "in a position" to sanction 50m for a non starting player. Two things I have read.
    Seeing as Klopp wanted him theres no reason to not believe it.
    I think we'll sign Thiago. At 29 theres no resale value if any but the price going around is 30m. Not a huge amount in today's market and if we are shifting deadwood theres movement for wages maybe?
    It hasnt been shot down by anyone reliable yet. Matthias reckons it's done. Probably just his opinion though, one thing for sure is hes certainly leaving Bayern.
    I wonder who he replaces if he comes to LFC? you'd imagine Hendo but he will have to be damn good to fill those boots in this team.
    Doesnt add up imo.

Irresponsible to add a 24 year old attacker for £50 whod turn 25 in his first season, yet have £30 mill for a centremid whod turn 30 in his first season.

As sid said, if Gini is leaving thiago makes sense, otherwise it would be a baffling decision imo.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    neither was 50 mil .....age..quality ....desire to come ...etc.....I really cant seem to let it go..lol
    Neither can I, there must be more to it than finances alone. He was the quintessential FSG signing.

I reckon it came down to a choice of filling in for at least a season here, or going to Chelsea and starting every game.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Can we buy them horses and angel wings and blast metal music as they ride into battle wielding giant lances?
    Blind Guardian - Curse of Feanor is good fun.

Gini stays
    No Thiago